Hangover

Chloe's head killed her. Thinking about last night, Chloe realized she had very little recollection of it. She knew she and Aubrey went to a club, and she knew there had been a man, who was bad news. Vaguely she recalled Beca, but beyond that, she was clueless. Taking in her surroundings, Chloe realized where she was. Next to her, Beca slept peacefully, her arms wrapped around Chloe's waist, her legs intertwined with Chloe's. Beca must have taken her home. With a long look at the small brunette, Chloe sighed, wishing Beca knew how she felt. Beca was so peaceful when Chloe felt her gut jolt. She squirmed from Beca's grasp, trying not to wake her and ran down the hallway. Chloe had been in the same hall her freshman year so she knew where to find the bathrooms. No sooner had she entered the stall did Chloe start heaving.

Beca's arm moved, knowing she had gone to bed next to her redhead, but all she felt was space. "Chloe!" Beca jolted up, her eyes scanning the room. She was alone. She was almost sure Chloe wouldn't have left halfway through the night, so she made her way to the hallway and down to the bathroom. Sure enough, she heard someone vomiting in the closest stall. "Chloe?" She called gently. A grunt came from the stall. Chloe fumbled to open it before turning around to gag again. "Oh god," Beca gasped, kneeling beside Chloe, taking Chloe's hair into her hands.

"How drunk did I get?" Chloe asked her eyes watering. Beca took in Chloe in the bright light. She had finger marks on her arms and had bruises developing in the shape of hands and fists.

"Pretty damn drunk Chlo." Beca responded before Chloe got sick again. It broke Beca's heart to see Chloe in this shape. Chloe groaned.

"I think... I think I'm good." She panted. Chloe hated throwing up and more than that she hated that she had to look so vulnerable in front of Beca. Having Beca so close though, staying with her, gave Chloe a warm fuzzy feeling. Beca nodded slowly, pulling out her phone.

I have Chloe, we're going to breakfast. I'll drop her off later.

She shot the short text to Aubrey. "C'mon Red, let's go get some food... if you think you can keep it down" Beca offered, helping Chloe up. Chloe's stomach rumbled in response.

"I like the idea," Chloe giggled, "but I think you should change." Chloe motioned down Beca's body; she was still wearing her bear pajamas, her comfort pajamas. She had gotten them the last Christmas her parents were together, the last happy Christmas. Of course Beca's lack of growth spurt, helped them fit years later. Beca smiled as the two went back to her room. The door still cracked open from when Beca had rushed out. But as soon as she pushed it open, Beca's stomach dropped. Sitting in her desk chair was her, possibly ex, boyfriend.

"Jesse." Beca's tone became monotone.

"Beca, I'm sorry I was a di-" He cut himself off as Chloe's red locks caught his eye. "Seriously Beca? One fight and you already called her." He spat the last word. Beca was tired of having this fight.

"Jesse, I'm not having this fight again." She refused. She absolutely refused. "Chloe, why don't you sit," Beca motioned to her bed; the ginger still looked a little frail. "Now, Jesse, if you don't mind I need to change we're going to breakfast." Jesse seemed to growl.

"We are having this fight! You be dating me and be fooling around with her." Jesse said with venom as Beca closed the door, knowing she couldn't win.

"I'm not fooling around with anyone." Beca said calmly, deciding to change right there, she didn't care.

"Then explain why you're both here looking like that!" He growled. Beca rolled her eyes, taking off her shirt.

"Chlo, can you hand me that shirt there?" She pointed to a rogue grey tank top. "She got drunk last night, called for help. That's it" Beca said, her words piercing Chloe. That's it. If there was one thing Chloe remembered vividly, it was Beca's lips pressing against her skull. Logically, Chloe figured it was just out of comfort, but there was something electric that buzzed through Chloe, even under the influence, when it happened.

Jesse snarled, "Yeah right. And did she sleep in Kimmy Jin's bed. No? Didn't think so." Beca pulled the tank over her head. It fit tightly, highlighting her curves and chest.

"Do you see either of us naked?" Chloe retorted. Where did Jesse get off accusing Beca of cheating on him? Beca slipped off her bottoms and pointed at a pair of shorts next to Chloe.

"No one asked you slut." Jesse snarled at Chloe.

"Hey!" Beca said sharper than she intended. "Keep her out of it." She warned Jesse.

"You're going further with her than you are with me, your boyfriend, by the way, and you want to me to keep her out of it?" Saying Jesse was angry would have been an understatement.

"Sleeping is different than sex." Beca reminded, having regained her composure. She pulled the shorts over her legs though a good part of her thighs were still exposed.

"It's not like you stayed the night before." Beca knew Jesse was hurt. She knew he expected last night to be the night. She knew he thought she'd at least want to snuggle with him, but when it came to last night, all Beca wanted to do was snuggle with the ginger senior she had seen earlier. She had tried to think of sex with Jesse, but instead the older bubbly girl penetrated her way into Beca's thoughts.

"You know what Jesse." Beca looked him straight in the eye. "If you can't get this through your thick skull, then I can't do this anymore." The moment she said it, Beca felt lighter. She was breaking up with Jesse, but she also felt darker. Jesse had been a good friend, but she couldn't be his girlfriend.

"What are you saying?" Jesse asked, the hurt taking over anger in his voice.

"I'm..." Beca hesitated "I'm breaking up with you." Her eyes shot to the floor. "Please, respect my decision and" Beca fidgeted, her peripheral vision wandered to try and find Chloe's reaction, "get out." She whispered the last part. Chloe couldn't believe what was going on, but she also knew, that it didn't mean she and Beca would be together. Maybe one day. She thought as Jesse left to get up, Maybe one day.