Last Night

Chloe paced nervously, her fingers typing a message to Stacie she wasn't sure she was ready to send.

CHLOE: Hey Stace, can you do me a favor?
STACIE: What's up?

Chloe took a deep breath; she had planned it out in her head, but what if Beca was too stressed with her new job and wasn't up to it. What if she thought Chloe was angling for something she wasn't. Chloe groaned. She needed more months before summer, not because she wouldn't be a Bella, she had worked that out by failing, but because she needed more time to make this thing with Beca normal. Chloe hadn't realized how long she had been sitting thinking, when Stacie texted her back.

STACIE: Chlo?

CHLOE: Yeah, sorry. Could you get Bec ready tomorrow for a date at 7pm. I'm taking her for a last night at Barden fancy dinner.

STACIE: Music to my ears! I can't wait. Make up and a dress? I'm so excited. Warn the midget won't you. She'll take it better from you.

Chloe laughed. Beca wouldn't be pleased either way.

BECA: How in the world did you talk me into this Ma? I hate kids

MAMA BEAR: Don't say that Bug, you are a kid. Besides, it'll be fun! It's a camp with kids passionate about every single thing! I'll be flying with kids and you'll be singing and doing music!

BECA: I have to supervise children. One dude on the Facebook group said there was going to be camp songs. I think I actually shivered.

MAMA BEAR: You'll love it, just like you loved the Bella's. And you'll get to spend some quality time with yours truly not in the disgusting temperatures of the South.

BECA: The North ain't that dandy in the winter either.

MAMA BEAR: Anyway... How's Chloe? Did you two ever come out to your friends?

BECA: Chloe's fine. She's making me go out on this fancy date tonight.

BECA: Good story though about falling out of the closet with our friends. Apparently Fat Amy knows Morse code and taught some to the girls in case Chloe or I got a hold of the text messages. It was like their checking or whatever.

MAMA BEAR: Ha! Did they not know you're a military brat? You were tapping "I love you Mama" before bed on the wall in Morse code since you were four years old.

BECA: As much as that story warms my heart, no I did not share. I just played dumb. I was pretty pissed off.

MAMA BEAR: Why aren't you happy you're together now?

BECA: I am, I just idk Mom. Can we not do deep convos now?

MAMA BEAR: Fine, but I'll be by to pick you and your stuff up at what 11?

BECA: Sure, but you may have to wake me up.

MAMA BEAR: Of course, I'll see you then Becs. Have fun on your date. Love you.

BECA: Thanks. Love you too.

Not two minutes after Beca had said 'bye' to her mom, Stacie was knocking on her door. Beca hadn't realized how late it had gotten. Stacie quickly applied makeup to Beca's face, refusing to show Beca the dress in the garment bag; Stacie had dropped on Beca's bed when she entered. Stacie's hands moved through Beca's hair, causing Beca to complain, pull away, and groan in protest.

"God Beca! Stay still! I'm almost done." Stacie castigated, pulling a handful of hair.

"Why can't I just wear it down" Beca whined.

"Because" Stacie huffed, turning Beca around for finishing touches. "Beca, take those ear monstrosities out." Beca growled, but slowly took her earrings out. "Good, now, the dress!" Stacie got way too excited with that last word. Grabbing the bag off the bed, Stacie unzipped it to reveal a light red crew neck dress with brilliant red lace over it. Stacie knew the bold color would contrast Beca's pale skin, though Beca flushed a color close to her dress's color. "Rebeca Mitchell! You look hot!" Stacie exclaimed, looking at her handy work. "Here's some extra lip-gloss, just in case." Stacie winked. Beca groaned and rolled her eyes. "You better get going Mitchell. If you're going to get some, you might as well get some asap." Again, Beca groaned. Why did Stacie have to be so a. sex driven and b. invasive?

Beca was unsure when she entered the old building. It wasn't used for much, except events on campus and even then, those weren't often, so most of the time the building was empty. That was why Beca liked it so much. As she flicked on the lights in the lecture hall she liked so much, she inhaled sharply. Standing in the front of the hall, was Chloe, in a breathtaking, blue dress that highlighted her eyes. Maybe this whole 'dressing up thing' is a good idea. Beca thought.

A/N: I know this chapter was shorter and I know it wasn't as good, but I've been super blocked and I just needed to pump this out. I don't know how much of the date I'm going to detail, it'll probably mostly just be in flashbacks, but if it's something you really want, do tell.