XVIII

Chloe couldn't believe she was actually having a good time, but since she and Beca had talked, she was cheery and smiling. Her mom had commented a couple times mostly saying 'I told you so' but Campbell seemed pretty happy, which is what really mattered. "So, how does dinner work?" Chloe nonchalantly asked Campbell, hoping the councilors would be involved. Campbell shrugged.

"We meet Beca at 4:45 at the cabin." Chloe checked her watch 4:15.

"Why don't we leave soon so we're not late?" Chloe suggested, to which Campbell nodded eagerly and went around telling each of her family members they were leaving ASAP.

Beca was in her mom's arms, talking about Chloe when the door to the cabin swung open. The Beale-Harper Clan packed into the cabin, causing Beca to shut up quickly. "Beca!" Her mom's grin was smug, way too smug, "You didn't tell me Chloe was visiting." Chloe blushed a little.

"Uh hey Ms. Mitchell." She waved awkwardly; it's like she didn't know how to act when her family was around.

"I told you Chloe, call my Kristen." Ms. Mitchell smiled, though she sensed Chloe's parents didn't know the whole story about the two.

"Chloe, you didn't tell us you knew Beca." Chloe's step-father Arthur chipped into the conversation, neither of the girls wanted to have.

"What? Did you think we were just getting to know each other when you guys were going ahead." Beca smiled, trying to fall back on her sarcasm, and hoping that her tone wasn't too mean. To her relief, both Campbell's parents laughed. Campbell climbed onto Beca's bed, next to where Beca sat with her mom and leaned over.

"Who's that?" Campbell whispered in Beca's ear, making Beca laugh.

"My mom." Beca whispered back. Campbell looked shyly up at Ms. Mitchell and waved. Kristen waved back smiling.

"So Becs, what's the whole dinner situation?" Chloe asked, picking Campbell up before sitting down and putting her on her lap. Beca squirmed out of her mom's grasp and sat up next to Beca and Campbell.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure it's a free for all starting at 5." Beca looked to her mom for conformation, but she only shrugged. The faculty always had different hours than councilors. "And there's a bonfire at six, just for eleven and twelve year olds and family." Beca added.

"Singing at the bonfire?" The mini-ginger chirped. Beca nodded.

"Anyone can go up. You gonna go Cam?" Beca asked the camper, God she was so close to Chloe but couldn't put her hand on Chloe's.

"No." Campbell looked down, "but you and Chloe could!" Campbell smiled, her blue eyes bright.

"We don't have anything prepared Camy." Chloe smiled, kissing her sister's head.

"We could sing 'Titanium' Chlo." Beca teased, knowing she and Chloe would be the only ones to get the reference. Beca wasn't sure she'd ever seen such an ice cold glare from Chloe, which prompted Beca to giggle uncontrollably.

"What?" Gerry, the bigger of her two brothers, asked.

"Nothing. Beca's just weird." Chloe grumbled. "We should probably get going, right?" Chloe tried desperately to change the topic. Beca nodded, starting to get a hold of herself.

"C'mon," Beca got up, "See you later Mama?" Kristen nodded.

"Have fun Bug, love you." Beca's mom smiled getting up as well.

"Love you too," Beca hugged her mom 'goodbye' and lead the clan toward the dining hall.

"So Beca, how do you know Chloe?" Chloe's mom asked as they walked, Beca turned around, walking backwards.

"Uh, Barden. We're both Bella's." Beca said, glancing backwards. Walking backwards was never one of those skills Beca ever thought she'd acquire, but apparently her girls liked it, so.

"Really? You don't hit me as an a cappella girl," Rick sent Beca his signature smile. He was flirting.

"Little young for you Rick," Chloe teased, but Beca could hear the jealousy layered in her voice.

"C'mon Chlo, I'm only a year older than you. What do you say Beca?" Rick winked at her. Beca could physically feel herself want to gag.

"I'm good." Beca paused, wondering if she should say something about her being with someone, but she decided Chloe didn't need those questions now.

"Aw, c'mon, look at that face." Gerry smiled, motioning to her brother. Beca laughed, hoping they would leave it alone, considering she was dating their sister.

"Boys, that's enough," Mrs. Harper shot her boys a look, which caused them immediately to be quiet.

"How'd you get into that? The Bella's?" Beca's step-dad asked, as they got closer to the mess hall. Beca choked down a giggle.

"Uh, well, Chloe recruited me actually." Beca smiled at her ginger, who was now flushed a light pink.

"Really?" Campbell piped up. Oh god. Chloe thought, her mind going to Beca's bare body in the shower at the beginning of the year. Beca smiled, knowing where the glazed over look in Chloe's eyes came from. Beca nodded. "Can we still sit at our table?" Campbell asked, looking concerned, as they entered the dining hall.

"Sure, will you show your family where it is?" Beca encouraged, waiting for all of them to pass, before pulling on Chloe's hand and giving her a peck on the check.

"Beca," Chloe whined quietly. Her tone sending shivers down Beca's back.

"C'mon," Beca whispered, letting her hand brush Chloe's as they walked toward the table. They got the last two seats that just happened to be next to each other. Beca held back a smile.

"Hey Cam!" The server, a teenage camper named Anna, greeted.

"Hi!" Campbell chirped, "This is my mom and my dad and my sisters and my brothers and Beca came!" Anna smiled. "Mom, this is my swim instructor Anna." Campbell introduced.

"Nice to meet you." Arthur smiled.

"You as well. I'll be your server tonight." Caitlyn handed them all menus. They quickly ordered; Beca was painfully aware of how close she and Chloe were. It didn't help Chloe had inched their chairs closer and closer. While they were waiting Chloe brushed her thigh against Beca's against the table. Clara was telling a riveting story about her kindergarten concert when Beca leaned over.

"You're not making this easy." She murmured, know it would only get worse when they got to the bonfire when the sun went down. Chloe just smiled at her girlfriend.