XXXII

"You sure DJ's up for this?" Fat Amy's voice alerted Beca to the fact that she was probably dreaming the steamy make-out session. Realizing that she had dreamed all this made Beca blush; there were tops missing, so it wasn't exactly G-rated.

"Yeah," Chloe chirped, hoping the younger girl would be up for the late night snack. Beca figured if she didn't open her eyes, Chloe would have to wake her somehow and what kind of person would take that away from Chloe? "Beca?" Chloe whispered, softly brushing the back of her hand against Beca's cheek. "You up for food?" Chloe's hand trailed down Beca's jawline to her collarbone. Beca couldn't stop the smile that spread across her face. "You dork! How long have you been up!?!"

"Only a couple of seconds." Beca finally opened her eyes. It turned out she had been napping in Chloe's lap, so her view was the two tiny universes that resided in Chloe's irises. As they pulled into the parking lot, Beca slowly sat up. She was apparently in good company falling asleep as it seemed only Chloe and Amy had stayed awake.

"You guys'll be good to get back, yeah?" Amy confirmed as the couple stood to leave.

"Yeah, I mean we're only a few blocks away from campus." Chloe reassured. A few blocks from campus? Beca thought she had been everywhere within a couple miles of campus, but she didn't recognize the florescent sign that lit up the parking lot. Then again, there was only a small restaurant there, and that was it. Once Chloe pulled Beca down the stairs, and Fat Amy sped away, Beca took the time to read the sign.

"Over the Rainbow Café?" Beca looked at Chloe curiously.

"Yeah," Chloe bit her lip, "It was my dad and my place before he moved. I haven't been here since I was like maybe eleven, but," Chloe pulled Beca closer, "It's time for new memories here." Squeezing her hand, Chloe lead Beca into the dimly lit restaurant.

"Well I'll be dammed! That can't be!" A black woman with her hair up, presumably the owner or head cook, stared at Chloe. "Chloe Beale. Haven't seen you in what? Fifteen years?" The woman made her way over to Beca's ginger.

"Thirteen. I bet I've changed a little." Chloe grinned, "Hey Glinda." The woman threw her arms around Chloe, engulfing her in a hug. "This is Beca," Chloe started as Glinda pulled away, "my girlfriend." Beca's smile grew. Girlfriend. What could she say, she liked the sound of that.

"Mmm-hmm," Glinda looked Beca up and down. "It's nice to meet you." The tall woman swallowed Beca up in a hug. Chloe had to get it from somewhere. "But," Glinda's face became serious, "if you hurt our Chloe, we'll have to kill you." Beca sucked in a deep breath, assuming this woman was kidding, but she wasn't so sure.

"She's kidding." A preteen appeared, "right Mom." The girl gave her mom a pointed look. Glinda grumbled, but didn't argue with what the girl said.

"This is Dorothy," Glinda pulled the girl, who looked exactly like her, closer. "She was nothing but a pea last time we saw each other." Glinda explained. Chloe nodded and laughed a little.

"She looks exactly like you do in the old photos." Glinda nodded proudly.

"All right, how about we get you guys a table," Beca flashed Dorothy a grateful glance. Chloe sensed the layer of unease that still sat on Beca's mind, so as they walked to the table, Chloe planted a soft kiss on Beca's cheek.

"Glinda was like an older sister when I was little." Chloe explained, handing Beca a menu after Dorothy headed back to the kitchen where her mother still stood. "Her parents opened this place when she was ten, right after I was born." Beca's eyes wandered the menu, which was 80% breakfast food. "Breakfast is best here by the way. Served all the time." Beca had to laugh. Of course Chloe loved this place. If the woman could figure out a way to eat pancakes for every meal, Beca was pretty confident she would.

"Ready to order?" Dorothy appeared. Chloe made eye contact with Beca, as if asking if she was ready, so Beca nodded.

"Yeah, I'd like the face-cakes and a hot chocolate." Chloe smiled. Face-cakes huh? Beca was going to go with the Nutella and strawberry crêpes, but if they were going childish, the face waffles sounded pretty good.

"I'll have the face waffles and a cup of coffee please." Beca smiled, stealing a glance at Chloe, who was grinning.

"Decaf?" The question had Chloe in a giggle fit. Beca didn't see what was so funny, but Chloe was a weirdo.

"Nope, just regular." Beca grimaced, trying to shut Chloe up.

"Waffles!" Chloe scoffed, once the young girl was out of earshot. "Really Bec?" Beca smiled, shaking her head. Sometimes she had a hard time believing that one, this was technically their first date as a new couple and two, that Chloe was her weirdo.

"Today," Beca started, not wanting to use the word 'fun', "a good time." Beca's mind wandered to the lazy river, where the two spent more time than Beca cared to admit. It was just so easy. The girls could settle into the tube, letting their limbs tangle together to conserve space, and have the slow current take them in circles. They had talked about everything from Chloe's little sisters, to Beca's past schoolmates. They had sung quietly together, and they had just simply looked at each other in silence. Others at the ride no doubt thought they were a little odd.

Chloe gasped. "Did Beca Effin' Mitchell just admit to having fun at a water park!?! Gosh sometimes I forget how bad you are at being a badass!" Chloe giggled, making over-exaggerated gestures. Beca laughed, shaking her head. Chloe bit her lip, taking in the light happiness covering Beca's face. "So Becs, I need to ask you something." Beca nodded, slightly nervous. What the hell could Chloe throw at her now? "Camy is going to that passion camp- or whatever it's called- again this year and they offered me a job there. I know you're working there, and I know we're preforming there, so I don't want to make it weird..." Chloe babbled on, making very little sense. Beca couldn't help but let the smile on her face widen. A whole summer with Chloe Beale, yes please. The anxiety in Chloe's voice was almost entertaining in Beca's view. Honestly, Beca couldn't fathom not being okay with it, even if they weren't together. Chloe Beale was one of the brightest people Beca knew, in more ways than one. Who wouldn't want that around?

"Of course I'm okay with it." Beca put her hand on Chloe's and leaned over the table, giving Chloe a kiss. Chloe smiled, giddy like a twelve year old on her first date. Before they could say more or not say more, Glinda came over, food in hand.

"Enjoy." Both girls smiled, the idea of spending the summer together on both of their minds.