Mistletoe

"Santa came! Santa came!" Chloe awoke to the chorus of cheers of her two little sisters. Peaking one eye open, Chloe stole a glance at the clock. 6:30 in the morning. Chloe regarded herself as a morning person, but it was more of 7:30-8:00 morning person, but alas, it was Christmas and she lived with a six and eight year old kids.

"Alright," Chloe sat up warily, rubbing her eyes. "Why don't you guys get our stockings and we can open them!" Chloe chirped artificially. As the young girls ran out of the room, Chloe dragged herself up and slipped into real people clothes. When she went to throw her Bella's sweatshirt on, the girls trudged into her room. Clara was weighed down with her single overflowing stocking, while Campbell was struggling to hold Chloe's smaller stocking and dragging her plump stocking behind her. Chloe grabbed the sweatshirt and was suddenly overwhelmed with a scent different than her own. Beca. The question was now, did Beca steal Chloe's sweatshirt for the last few weeks, or had Chloe taken home Beca's sweatshirt. Not that there was any real way to figure out which one, but Chloe preferred to blame Beca. Though Beca was Beca, and refused to admit to doing anything further than hygienic practices and basic makeup, everyone knew that Beca wore perfume and lip gloss too. Chloe let the passive scent assault her as Campbell pushed Chloe's bright stocking toward her. Chloe smiled, reaching into the beginning of her Christmas presents.

"What's in your stocking?!" Clara pressed, admiring the small stocking stuffers and candy that 'Santa' put in the stockings.

"Lets see," Chloe grinned at the six year old. She pulled out the normal bag of candy, for Chloe it was M&Ms, always, showing it to Clara who grinned. "Candy... and..." Chloe showed Clara the little long cardboard box.

"What's that?" Campbell looked over, her interest piqued with the new development. Chloe smiled.

"Well, it makes sour stuff sweet. They're called Miracle Fruit." Chloe grinned at the awe growing in her sisters' eyes. Before the girls could get into their stockings with Chloe there was a knock at the door. "Be right back," Chloe sighed, getting up. Chloe's room was closest to the front door, but otherwise, she probably wouldn't have heard the timid knock. When she opened the massive door, Chloe almost died laughing. In her front yard was Beca walking away, in an elf costume. "Hey, Elfy." Chloe called softly, resulting in Beca to whirl around.

"You weren't supposed to catch me." Beca smiled, returning to Chloe.

"You knocked, so I'm expecting you to come back and give me this Christmas present properly." Chloe motioned to the boxes and coffee on the ground. She paused, "but I'm gonna take the coffee now because it's 645 in the morning." Chloe stepped out of the doorframe and closed the door lightly behind her.

"Are you wearing my sweatshirt?" Beca asked, closing the distance between them. Chloe smiled, taking a sip of the coffee Beca had left for her. Despite it being December, it was warm outside, because after all, they lived in Georgia, so the ice coffee was perfect. "Alright," Beca pulled the bigger one from below the smaller box. "Here," Beca paused, inhaling the surrounding scent. "That is mine!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Chloe huffed, while peeling the wrapping paper off the gift. "So why the costume if you weren't planning on staying," Chloe grinned, getting most of the paper off with little mess.

"My mom and I are volunteering at the local Navy base," Beca pouted, unsure how her mom had convinced her to do this, but she had. Chloe's grin widened as she saw what was in the box, which was actually a Tupperware.

"Cupcakes?" Chloe asked, remembering the first time they kissed.

"Eat 'em right." Beca wagged her finger at Chloe playfully, and grabbed the second gift. "Don't get too excited." Beca smiled, causing Chloe to wearily put down the cupcakes. She eyed Beca, but started to open the gift. The box was weakly taped together, so it was easy for Chloe to open.

"BECA!" Chloe squealed, "Where did you find it? How did you find it?" Chloe's excitement paused, "did you take it?" She growled. Beca giggled.

"Under my bed; I was trying to get my coffee cup; no I'm not stupid... and Chlo, how did it get under my bed." Beca smiled. Chloe blushed, but just shrugged easily, hoping Chloe wouldn't notice.

"Aw, thanks Becs." Chloe smiled, flinging her arms around the shorter girl. When Beca started to pull away, she didn't let Chloe go completely. Beca leaned in and pressed her lips softly against Chloe's and then pulled away. "Wh... wh... what was that?" Chloe stuttered, not really understanding what was going on. Beca smiled devilishly, pointing up. Chloe sighed, she had completely forgotten about that her grandparents' tradition with the kiss in the doorway.

"Mistletoe." Beca grinned; she didn't know why there was the kissing plant in Chloe's doorframe, but she was damn glad it was there. "I should go. Gotta get to the base." Beca smiled, turned and headed to her car. When Beca was safely driving away, Chloe let her fingers drift to her lips. She had kissed an elf and loved it.