Chapter Nineteen: A Bloody Knife And Four Detached Fingers

I ran into Tyler's arms as soon as I entered the house.

"Woah Clary." He exclaimed as I hugged him tight, he hugged me as well.

"I'm sorry I just needed that and to spend time with my best friend." I sorry aid and pulled away from him. He smiled at me.

"That relationship wasn't going anywhere, glad we could still be friends." He said.

"Of course, don't really wanna end up like Elena and Matt for months" he chuckled and lead me to the living room.

For the rest of the night we watched movies and fell asleep on each other. I needed a night away frim everything, especially Damon.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

The next day I was greeted by John Gilbert when I walked through the Gilbert door.

"John, nice to see you." I smiled. He hugged me and I gave him a light pat.

"Great to see you Clary, it's been a while." He said. I nodded.

"Do you know where I can find Elena?" I asked and he pointed upstairs.

"Elena." I sang her name as I opened the door. She spun around and gave me a big smile.

"Clary." She sang back and gave me a big hug.

"We need to have a girls night, really soon" I whined and she giggled.

"Well we can't tonight. We have to help set up the carnival going on tonight." She said and pulled out boxes of stuffed animals.

"Ugh do we have to? Why can't we get Stefan and Damon to do it?" I whined again.

"Because, Damon might boobytrap it and Stefan, well I don't know. I though we could have a fun time getting my booth together." She said happily. I sighed giving in.

"Fine. Let's go." I grabbed two boxes and started walked down the stairs. Suddenly I tripped and fell down all of the stairs and I hear a few cracks before I blacked out.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

I woke up in the boarding house, in the living room. I looked around to it looking completely empty. Then I saw Damon emerge from around the corner. I sighed.

"What happened?" I asked rubbing my neck to release some of the pain.

"You somehow fell down the stairs and blacked out." He explained while pouring two glasses of bourbon. He came over and sat down next to me, handing me one.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I took asked sip. "Peachy"

"I'm glad your talking to me."

"Well I can't ignore you forever, plus your the only person I can talk to."

He smirked. "You can't stay mad at me huh?"

"No I can, but I'll need to get over it soon so why not now." I stated taking another drink of the bitter alcohol.

"I really am sorry-"

"Damon. Let's not. Tell me about the vision you saw when you touched my necklace." I suggested changing the subject.

"Well I didn't get a clear vision, it was like a picture. If I touched it longer maybe.." he trailed off and I pulled my hair away from.from the necklace.

"Go ahead." I said. He hesitated for a moment before pressing two fingers to the gem and I was rushed with a vision.

We were standing for a picture that Guippie had sceduled for that afternoon. I was placed in front of Damon and Katherine by Stefan. Damon's hands were placed on my hips as we posed for the picture. We all got single pictures, then pictures with each other, then all together. I was constantly squirming in Damon's grasp.