Chapter Four: Damon Salvatore

I tried to take my mind off of Katherine and her plans. I still couldn't believe she told someone her secret. What if they found out about me?
Sleeping wasn't an option for me, so I grabbed a coat and entered the outside.

The cool breeze nips at my legs, brushing my hair out of my face. I knew walking around town at night was dangerous, but I needed to think. My legs lead me to the cemetery. I have no idea why I was here, I just felt sadness for all the people who had loved ones buried deep down. I heard a light snap and whipped around. I saw the fimilair light blue eyes I'd grown to love staring at me.

"Damon." I said lightly. He began walking closer to me.

"Why are you out in the dark? It's dangerous."

I smirked. "I could ask you the same thing."

He chuckled. "Do you have family here?"

I shook my head. "I just feel sympathy for anyone that has lost someone they loved."

I felt his hand rest on the small of my back, sending shivers down my back.

"Your kind Kataline. You care for people you don't even know." I smile.

"I'm different from Katherine if thats what you were asking. It's a struggle being her sister. Sometimes. But I love her. She'd do anything for me, I'd do the same."

I didn't know why I was telling him this. Maybe the cool of the night was letting my emotions out. I felt like I could trust him.

"After a short while of knowing you, I feel safe around you." I told him.

"I feel the same." He said putting his hand on my cheek.

"But I feel that there's a choice. I have to chose one of you. I feel a special bond between both of you, and I don't want to lose it."

"I'll wait for however long you need to make your choice. We have our whole lives before you need to make that decision. Just enjoy life right now."

Our forheads were placed together. I imagined having a family with one of them. Growing old with one of them. Loving one of them till the end. That's what I really wanted. To be happy and live a wonderful life with the one I loved. It didn't matter who I chose, as long as it was the right choice.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Damon had brought me back to the mansion and to my room. It was his time to go off to war. I felt sadness wash over me as he hugged his brother goodbye. Katherine surprisingly gave him a hug. Then he got to me. I held on tight to his neck.

"Remember, there's people waiting for you back home." I whisper as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"All I need to remember is you." I whispered back before letting go.

I kissed his cheek. "That's something to remember me by."

He smiled at us all before getting into the carriage, off to the station. I wiped the fallen tear from my eye as we watched him go. I felt a hand grasp mine. I looked up to Stefan who too had tears in his eyes. I squeezed his hand tightly before letting go.

We entered the mansion in silence. Then Katherine spoke up.

"Stefan, I would love of you'd take me around the town." She asked, pure kindness in her voice.

Even I know that she wanted time alone with him. She knew I knew that's what she wanted.

"Why not. Kataline-" he said my name before she inturrupted him.

"She can't. She was told to help you father with something. Right Kataline?" She lied, and wanted me to go along with it.

I sighed. "Yes. I must have forgotten. You two go alone, I'll be fine." I said. Stefan smiled at me before they left.

I sauntered off to my room, not wanting to colapse into tears. Without Damon here I had no one.

As I got to my room I heard voices in the opposite room. I pressed my ear against the door, being curious.

"Are you sure she's a vampire?" I heard Guippie Salvatore ask.

"I'm positive, she said it straight to my face." A familiar voice said. George Lockwood. He told him!

"I've realized that there are many more vampires in this town. It's time we got rid of them." Guippie said.

"What do you propose we do?" George asked.

"Well we can't stake them all. There must be a way to get rid of them all."

"What about the Old Fell Church? That place is bound to fall apart anytime soon. Capture all the vampires and throw them in. Burn the place to the ground." George explained. Seemed like he'd planned that out already. What was he hiding?

"That's sounds like a great idea. Let us do it tomorrw night. That'll give us time to figure it a plan to capture them all. We need Johnathan Gilbert." Guippie said.

I heard footsteps come toward the door, then stopping.

"What about the sister?" I heard George ask.

"Kataline. Seems too human to be a vampire. But it's not to scared to check. Go fetch her." I gasped before I quickly entered my room as the study room door opened.

I couldn't believe he told him. They thought I was a vampire. I heard a knock at my door I gasped rather loudly before realizing it was George.

"Mr. Lockwood? I didn't realized you were here." I acted surprised. He looked at me suspiciously.

"I came to visit Mr. Salvatore. He wants to speak to you." He said with a small smirk on his face. I nodded before entering Guippie study.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

"So Kataline, how are you enjoying your stay?" Mr. Salvatore asked. We'd been here for 10 minutes without speaking.

"It's been lovely. Feels like home." I answered honestly.

"Would you like a drink?" He offered. I nodded my head as he poured two glasses of champagne and handed one to me.

"To a new life." He said rasing his glass. I rose mone as well before placing the glass in between my lips. I smelt the Vervain instantly.

I took a gulp before placing my glass down. His eyes went wide.

"I'm afraid I must leave. My sister should return with Stefan shortly. Thank you for the drink." I said before leaving.

I didn't know if I should tell Katherine a it this of not.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

How are you liking the story?? I hope you guys like it. It'll be like this for a bit longer before I go to present times. Vote and give me some feed back. I'd love to hear from you guys.

Anyways have a good day.

~Ansley