Chapter Sixteen: Miss Mystic Falls

It had been weeks since I'd talked to Damon. I'd like to keep it that way. Stefan had called me many times, as has Elena. She doesn't even know what's wrong. My phone began to ring and I saw for the millionth time Elena's name came up onto the screen. I decided to pick up.

"Elena." I said.

"Why the hell haven't you been picking up my calls?!" She shouted.

"My phone was dead and I couldn't find my charger." I made up.

"Ugh whatever. Get your ass over here so we can get dressed." She demanded and hung up.

I had totally forgotten that today was Miss Mystic Falls. Me and Elena had signed up together because her mother insisted. She always wanted her daughter to do it and she got me into the idea of doing it, so I signed up. I groaned as I rose from my bed, grabbing my leather jacket and walking out the door. I suddenly couldn't wait for this day to be over.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

"NO! There is no way in hell that I'm letting him take my hand as I desend from the staircase then dance with me. " I shouted. Tyler wasn't in town for the Miss Mystic Falls so I was stuck with no date. Then Elena suggested Damon. Her and Caroline were already ready. I was waiting g for Caroline to find my dress.

"Oh come on Clary! It's one dance, and your no even touching hands! I think you'll survive!" Caroline pressed. "Aha found it!" She exclaimed coming out form the closet with a dress bag.

"I'm would not dance with Damon if my life depended on it." I said before entering the bathroom to change.

I looked at myself after they finished my hair. They straightened my wavy black hair and pulled parts of it back. A smokey eye brought out my pale blue eyes. They quickly added red lipstick before letting me see everything.

I gasped. My turquoise dress flowed down to lightly touch the ground, my hair and makeup blending perfectly with it. I smiled for the first time in weeks.

"I missed that smile. " I heard Elena say. I smiled at her and Caroline.

"Thank you guys" I said as I embraced them. They gladly hugged back.

"Come on! We've got an hour before it starts!" Caroline exclaimed and pulled us both out of the room to her car.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

We waited with the rest of the girls in the waiting room as the clock ticked. I was super nervous, and a bit pissed that I had no date. So basically I was walking down the stairs, making a fool out of myself, then watching everyone else dance.

"Well don't you ladies loom lovely." I heard Damon's voice ring through the room. I could practically feeling him smirking. I didn't dare loom at him.

"Damon you can't be in here!" I heard Elena say.

Like that'll make him leave. I thought.

I turned around to face him, not wanting to show any weakness. His jaw dropped open a few millimeters and his eyes went a tad wide.

"You look beautiful Clary." He commeted. I nodded and sat down. Just when. I did we were called to line up.

All the girls rushed out of the room except me, I needed a moment to breath.

"Don't be nervous. It'll be ok." I didn't realize Damon was still here. I just let out a deep breath and stood up. I went to walk passed him when. He grabbed my arm