Chapter Fourteen: 162 Candles Part 1

I woke up the next day after stuffing my face with candy and a few blood bags I stole for Stefan. I had to keep hydrated. I then realized the best thing ever. It was Stefan's birthday.

I rummaged through all my drawers and closets until I found it. The thing I've been wanting to give him a long time. I put it in a little box and found the card I wrote 145 years ago. I got into my car and drove to the grill. I stopped at a bakery and grabbed a little cupcake and a few candles before I got there.

I entered the grill and saw Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, Tyler, and Matt.

Me and Tyler had gone on a few dates and it was great. I actually liked him and I didn't think I would. I walked over and took a seat beside Tyler and Matt.

"Hey there." He whispered and kissed my cheek. I smiled.

"Hey there. I greeted back.

"So why was I called down here?" I asked.

"We're throwing a surprise birthday party for Stefan!" Caroline exclaimed.

"That's a great idea. What do you guys have planned?" And that's when the talking started. For an hour we planned out when and where it would take place. I decided to leave so I could have some alone time with Stefan so I could give him my present.

"I'll text you later." I said to Tyler and gave him a quick kiss and walked out. I paused ato listen for a quick second.

"You really like her don't you?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah alot." Tyler said.

"She's probably using you." Elena said with some attitude. What?

"What?" Tyler asked a little angry.

"She might be using you. To take her mind off of Stefan and Damon. She likes them both it is so clear." She explained.

I stomped my way over there again, anger directed towards Elena.

"What the fuck Elena?! You know I can hear you! Are you jealous or something because I am NOT using Tyler for anything! I in fact do not like either of the Salvatore brothers! As a friend yes but a lover? Absolutely not! I don't know what's gotten into you but I'd advise you to stop being a bitch and become the Elena I knew before you knew my secret. This Elena is not the Elena I know and love." I practically yelled all of that out. Tears were on the bridge of falling out of her eyes.

"Go ahead. Be the damsel in distress. As usual." I spat before charging my way over to my car and headed to Stefan's.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

I sat in the living room of the boarding house, thinking of how I came up with all of that stuff. It was all true. Except maybe the part of being a lover to one of the brothers. I had loved them all my life, but being able to be with someone else felt pretty good. I heard footsteps and saw a familiar face with blonde hair wet from a shower.

"Lexi?" I basically whispered. I hadn't seen her in years.

"Yeah? Who are you?" She asked confused. I forgot that she never saw me in this form.

I took a pad of paper and a pencil and quickly wrote down something. I showed her the paper.

I'm disgused as someone for now. Call.me Clary like you've known me for a long time. But you have. It's me Lexi, I'm Kataline

Tears began falling from her eyes. This was the first person I had told. I trusted her with my life. I had known her as a child. She hugged me with all of her might. I hugged her as well.