Chapter Six: A New Life

Heat began to burn through my eyes, making them pry open. I gasped and sat up straight, frantically looking around. My eyes found a familiar face.

"Emily?" I asked. She nodded coming towards me.

"How are you feeling Kataline?"

"Okay but different. How am I alive?" She didn't say anything for a few moments.

"Kataline... your a vampire." I stared straight ahead. Not saying anything.

"Thats-That's not possible. I never drank any vampire blood." I said shaking my head.

"Katherine put some in your drink before they took you both away. Also the Salvatore Brothers." She explained. I looked to see both brothers still unconscious.

"I can't believe this."

"She did this to protect you. She didn't want to lose you." Emily said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"But she's dead!" I shouted before bursting into tears. I no longer had my sister.

I wiped my tears away before looking at my surroundings. It was a small hill with a lake ahead. A single tree sitting near the edge. I slowly stood up and walked over to the Stefan and Damon. Both laying side by side.

"Did you save us?" Emily nodded. I looked down at Stefan.

"We shall meet again." I said before kissing his lips.

"Never forget about me." I said the Damon and kissed his lips as well.

"Why are you saying goodbye?" Emily asked worried.

"Because I don't want them to worry about me, or Katherine. I just need them to move on. I don't want to be stuck between them, breaking the special bond they have. I will continue the transition, only because I want to watch over them. I'll think of something over the years." Emily looked at me, almost disappointed. I didn't want to do this, but it needed to be done.

"If that's what you want. Here I have something for you." She said before bringing out a young woman, blood dripping from her wrist.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to her before biting into her wrist. I felt something I had never felt before. I didn't know how to explain it but it was wonderful. The taste of blood filled my mouth and into my stomach, filling my hunger that I hadn't realized was there. I let her go and Emily pushed her to the side.

"Is it done?" I asked. Soon asked I did I felt a pain in my mouth. I pressed my finger into my mouth, only to be pricked by a sharp tooth. I gasped as I felt veins under my eyes, then disappear.

"Do you need anything before you venture off Kataline?" Emily asked. I nodded.

"I need to look different. I know you will be dead by the time I want to change into myself again but if you could change the way I looked, that would be all I ask of you." She nods before mumbling a few words. A mirror appears in her hands and she hands it to me. I gasp.

My hair is the same length, only black. My eyes are as blue as the sea. It reminded me of Damon. My face was pale, with rosy cheeks. Placed on my finger on my right hand was a ring, almost like Stefan and Damon's I had seen.

"Thank you. Is this ring my daylight ring?" She nodded.

"I made you a bit like each brother, so you wouldn't forget them." My eyes watered.

"Emily, I owe you my life." I say hugging her. I feel her shake her head.

"Kataline you owe me nothing. You do not deserve this. I will give you a spell to turn you back to you original self. Once you speak it you will turn to your natural self but remember, you'll never go back to the you I made you." I nodded. She wrote it on a piece of paper.

Novordue expelionis doro somoro getro
(The spell of true self)

"Thank you Emily. I will forever owe you." She smiled.

I placed my hand on my necklace Ive had since 1492. "What about my necklace?" I ask.

"For now, it is a keepsake, of your sister. If there ever was a cure of vampirism and you took it, that would be the only thing keeping you alive." She told me.

"I shall visit you in the later life." I say, taking one last look at the Salvatore brothers that I had fallen in love with, and ran off.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Sorry this is a shorter chapter but the next one will be like the other ones. Hope you like the story so far! Comment what you think and vote!