Chapter Twenty-Nine

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

HIM's POV

"You could've been great, you know," Jim mocked me. "You could've been the big news. People everywhere would hear your name and gasp, 'HIM! Oh, he's the best!' But, sadly, that won't happen. Nobody will ever hear of HIM, the Free Forever fighter. And, do you know why?"

I glared at Jim, but held my tongue. Not that I would've been able to speak anyways. It was sorry to say, but I think I'm weakening. It's like my body is rusting, nothing is working as it should. Everything they've done to me is finally taking its toll.

Jim grinned evilly.

"Because of us. We captured HIM. We ruined HIM. We killed HIM," he said as he exited the room, leaving me in the empty darkness.

Ah, the death threats. I had ignored them at first, thinking that it would never happen. They would never succeed in killing me. Lately, however, I accepted the truth. I was dying.

Slowly, but surely, my body was winding down. Soon, I knew, it would finish. And, I would be gone from this world. There was just one thing keeping me from completely giving up.

Jay.

I had to see him one more time. Just one more time. I wanted to hold him in my arms and tell him how much I had missed him. How sorry I was for not being there for him. To tell him I loved him.

I wondered where he was now. If he was safe with Kent. I desperately hoped he was. If not, I didn't know what I'd do.

I heard yelling from upstairs. I crawled weakly to the door to try and overhear the conversation.

"What are you talking about, Paul?" Ned shouted.

He sounded frustrated.

"That kid hasn't come back with Jay, yet!" a man, whom I took to be Paul, replied.

"What kid?"

Yes, he was definitely frustrated. Ned was usually the calmer one, but sometimes he got a little out of control.

"Heck, I don't know his name! The one that was supposed to go to Germany and get Jay back!"

Paul sounded frustrated, too.

"So, what you're saying, is that we don't have Jay, yet?"

Paul let out a sigh.

"Pretty much, yeah."

He's safe. He's okay.

I slowly backed away from the door. Closing my eyes, I let out a shaky, uneven breath. My son was safe. That was all that really mattered.

I heard something from buzz beside me. I frowned. What could it possibly be?

My heartbeat sped up as I recognized the object laying beside me. Turning it over, I blinked. The light from the screen was the only light I'd seen for days, and my eyes hadn't adjusted.

I looked a the text to see if it had any important information, but it was just some chit-chat Jim had going on with a girl. I rolled my eyes. Who would be so stupid as to take a liking to Jim. He was the very definition of evil.

I typed in Kent's cell number, and began a new text to Jay.

~~~~~

Jay's POV

"Jay!" Kent called me.

I wonder why. I hadn't been doing anything. Maybe he just needed me to do something.

I walked inside to where Kent was sitting at his desk.

"Yeah?"

He handed me his phone.

"Read it. It's for you."

I shrugged.

"Uh, okay."

I sat down in one of the chairs to read the text. Who would want to send me a text? I couldn't think if anybody. I shook my head, and looked at the phone screen. 

Jay, my son. This is for you. I know I have been a terrible father, and I was never there for you. I wish that we could've been closer. I've missed you more than you can imagine. This is hard for me to say, but I think I'm dying. I have a few days left, at most a week. It was sheer luck I could get a hold of you. If I never get to see you again, I want you to know one thing: I love you, Jay.

My hands were trembling. I remembered the time I had seen him, back at the WIO headquarters. He was in terrible condition then, I couldn't imagine what he looked like now. He was dying. My father was dying. I might never get to see HIM again.

No! Do not think that way, Jay!

I took a deep breath. I was really resisting the urge to fly back to London and strangle every single member of the WIO. They ruined Carson, whom I now considered my brother. They killed Rob's father. They tried to use Tessa. They were practically torturing my father. Yes, they needed to pay.

I couldn't act just yet, however. I had to plan this out. This wasn't something I could just rush into. But, when the time came, I would get my revenge.

Don't worry, Dad. I'll see you soon.

*****

Hey, guys! Sorry about the slow update! I am having writer's block, and I restarted this chapter like seven times. I know it's a short chapter. That is due to the writer's block. Please vote if you liked this chapter. Knowing people want more helps me push through, and keep writing. Thanks! :) :P :D