Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

Jay's POV

I leaned against a tree to wait for Chloe. I was afraid. Afraid of what she would think of me. Afraid of what she would do. Afraid of what I was.

Nothing.

The word came too often into my mind. It messed with me, controlled me.

"Jay! Glad you're here!"

Chloe. She had arrived.

"Why would I miss it?"

She smiled. Her smile was so beautiful. It seemed to enlighten the world around me.

"Chloe there's something I need-"

Her face instantly changed to one of concern. Maybe it was something behind me. I looked back. No. Well then, what was she so worried about?

"Was it that guy again? Was he trying to hurt you?"

Oh! She thought I was trying to tell her that Rob had come back.

"No, it wasn't him. It's...there's...you need to...just..."

Why was it so hard? I sounded like a complete idiot. I took a deep breath. She had to know.

"Listen, there's something you need to know about me." I said shakily.

"Whatever it is Jay, you don't need to be afraid. It's not going to change anything," she said soothingly.

We'll just have to see about that.

"Follow me."

~~~~~

Chloe's POV

Something was up with Jay. He looked nervous, and he couldn't keep his hands still.

I wonder what's got him so freaked out. What would he be showing me that has him so stressed?

We were walking alongside a barbed wire fence. Behind the fence was a bunch of brush and shrubs and trees. I had never been here before. It looked like the fence never ended. Where was Jay taking me?

"We're almost there, don't worry," he said.

I scanned every direction for this place he was taking me to. Everything was the same. Trees, fence, grass, bushes. Suddenly, Jay stopped. I heard him mumble under his breath. I didn't catch it. He walked through the fence carefully, as not to scrape himself with the barbs. He looked like he had done it many times.

"It's not that hard, trust me. It's like...the limbo sideways. Really, it's not that bad," Jay encouraged me.

I very slowly, very cautiously imitated Jay's motions. It worked!

Jay was clapping, "Bravo! Bravo! Nicely done!"

I giggled, "Why thank you!"

He held a fake microphone to my face and put on a business face and voice, "So, Barbed Wire Chloe, tell me a little about that slip. What was going through your mind?"

"Well, it was a pretty easy fence. The slip was simple. As for what was going through my mind, same as always...I wish I could tell everybody, but that would be giving away my secret."

"Oh no, please don't! Thanks Chloe! Back to you, Bob."

We both laughed. I now realized that not only was Jay cute and nice, but he also had a perfect sense of humor. You know, maybe looking at my feet is a good habit.

I looked over at Jay. He was motioning for me to follow him. I ran to catch up with him. A few more trees and we were at a clearing. Jay was walking towards an object in the center. I looked to what he was walking towards...What?

*****

Ta-da! And, the seventh chapter is completed. I am really excited with the direction this story is going. I just can't stop writing! Anyways, tell me what you think! And don't forget to vote! :) :P :D