Chapter Fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Jay's POV

"Jay. Jay, wake up."

I groaned. I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want to come back to reality. I wanted to be in my dreams. With Chloe.

I cracked my eyes open. A woman I had never seen before was in front of me. I took an instant disliking to her. I frowned. Who was she?

"Who are you?"

The lady smiled. Her smile creeped me out. It wasn't like Chloe's smile, or her mom's. It was an evil-looking smile. Like there was a devil on the inside. I shuddered.

"Vanessa, but call me Van," she said.

Yup. Definitely creepy. Her voice was snake-like. I really did hate her.

"Uh-huh. Why exactly are you here?"

"It's time for breakfast."

I felt stupid.

"Oh."

It turns out, the place we were at is a secret headquarters or something. Everybody is dressed in black, like Jim and Ned. There's a bunch of techno-electric stuff everywhere as well. It was like something from a movie. I think I'd be fine without being an actor in it.

We entered a room. It was plain, with a table and four chairs in the center. The walls were cream. Even more movie-like.

We sat down. A few minutes later, Jim and Ned came in. They nodded at me. I gave them the you-are-extremely-weird-and-I-hate-you smile.

Jim spoke, "We have a lot to talk about, Jay."

~~~~~

Chloe's POV

We arrived in London about mid-afternoon. I had slept a little on the flight. I don't think Rob had. He looked tired. Sucks for him!

Now, how to find Jay. That would be difficult. He didn't know where in London he was. It was a ginormous city. I frowned. This wasn't going to be easy. We had to have some information.

"Do you want to just go to the hotel, and start looking tomorrow?" I asked Rob.

"Yeah. I have some stuff that could help us find him."

He was okay. Maybe. If the "stuff" he had turned out to be helpful.

We checked in at the hotel, and settled down into our rooms. They were right next to each other. I went over to Rob's to see if he could access the info. He already had his laptop out and everything. Not bad for an idiotic jerk like him.

He pulled up a tab.

My old pal,

It read.

There is not much time. They are coming. I can feel it. We know they want him. They want you as well. I will keep my promise. Nothing will happen to him as long as I'm alive. I swear it.

Your best buddy

That was it. That was it? It made no sense. I looked at Rob. He seemed to sense my confusion.

"My father sent this to someone a few days before he was killed. I was looking through some photos when I found the code to access this. That's why I stopped..." he trailed off.

"Oh," I didn't really have much else to say. "So, what does it mean?"

He grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down a note.

My old pal,

There is not much time. The guys in black are coming. I can feel it. We know they want Jay. The guys in black want you as well. I will keep my promise. Nothing will happen to Jay as long as I'm alive. I swear it.

Michael

It all made sense now. I nodded at Rob.

"How is that going to help us find Jay?"

He tapped a little on his computer before turning the screen to me.

"It turns out, that's not all my dad was hiding."

*****

Peace, guys. Y'all want to know what Rob's dad knew? Vote, and you'll find out! Thank you so much! :) :P :D