Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

Chloe's POV

I was hyperventilating as I called my mom. I had found him. Only, he was being pinned against an alley wall with a knife held to his neck. That was most definitely not what I had been expecting. She picked up.

"Hey, Chloe! Is everything okay? Did you find him?"

"Yes, I found him, but everything is not okay." I was practically crying as I talked to her.

"What's wrong?"

"Everything. I'm bringing him home. Just, be ready for when I get there.'

Okay?" she sounded confused.

"Thanks, mom! Bye."

I hung up. This was going to be difficult. Although he was small for a guy, he was a guy. I didn't know if I would be able to carry him all the way to my car.

I brushed some of his jet black hair out of his face. Verdammt! He was so cute. I remembered his clear blue eyes. I was so glad I had found him when I did. Otherwise, he would probably be dead right now. I shuddered just thinking of it.

You can't leave him alone even for a second. What if that other guy regains consciousness?

Right. I had to try. At least my car was only a couple hundred yards away.

When we arrived at my house, my mom was out on the porch. She had been waiting for us. Quickly, I explained to her what I had seen. She thought it best for him to stay at our house until he was awake and healthy. I agreed with her,

We carried him to the guest bedroom, and laid him down on the bed.

"Do you want to stay with him?" my mom asked.

I nodded. I didn't have the ability to speak right now. My emotions were too overwhelming.

She smiled sadly, and hugged me.

"Good choice, honey."

I grinned. My mother find something funny to say in every situation. I have to admit, though, I was glad she approved of...I still didn't know his name. I still didn't know anything about him.

~~~~~

Jay's POV

I didn't know how long I'd been out for. I didn't know where I was. All I could remember was Rob and then her. It had been her. She had saved me. Literally.

As my sense of feeling came back, I realized I was on the most comfortable thing in the world. Plushness and warmth enveloped me. I don't remember the last time I felt this good. I don't know if I even had. I cracked my eyes open a bit to catch a glimpse of my surroundings. I looked around. My eyes flew open. She was here!

"You're awake!" she exclaimed. "Just so you know, you've been out for three and a half hours."

Three and half hours! That's insane! Maybe I had heard wrong.

"R-really?" I asked.

She laughed, "Yeah."

"Where am I?"

I couldn't figure it out. It was nowhere I'd been before. That much I knew for sure.

"My house. My mom said you should stay here 'til you were ready to go."

Her house? Why would she bring me to her house? Everything was confusing me right now. I didn't want to ask about it, though. I would probably sound stupid.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to sound rude or anything, but I just have to know. What's your name?"

My name. She wanted to know my name. Nobody asked me that. Nobody cared about that stuff. Nobody.

"Jay."

She smiled, "I love it! Mine's Chloe, by the way."

Chloe. What a wonderful name! It fit her perfectly.

"That's beautiful," I breathed in awe.

"Anyways, let me go get my mom. She wanted to see you when you woke up."

Crap. Her mom was coming. Not good. She would probably hate me. Like everybody else did. I would probably be forbidden to go near Chloe after she saw me. Of course, the one time someone cares, something happens to ruin it. The door opened. This was it. I took a deep breath.

"Jay! I'm glad to see your awake," a cheery voice said.

Chloe's mom walked in. I could tell where Chloe got her looks from. Her mother had the same hair and eyes as she did.

"H-hey."

I could not screw this up.

"Chloe was telling me all about you."

I smiled weakly and nodded.

"You're so quiet! And you look frightened. You don't need to be afraid, Jay."

Her voice was soothing. She was actually being nice to me. This was so strange. I didn't know how to act.

"Oh, and my name is Grace. Are you hungry? It's a little late, but we can still have lunch."

"Are you sure? I can leave if you want." I felt like I was intruding into their lives.

"No, no. Please stay," she lowered her voice. "Chloe likes you. She would be devastated if you left so soon."

She likes me? No way!

Okay, I was definitely hearing things. Why would she like me? True, I liked her, but anybody could like her. I was a different story.

Grace laughed, "Don't tell her I told you that, or I'll never hear the end of it...You are so red, by the way."

I could feel myself blush.

"I won't. I promise."

"Okay. Chloe's in her room. When you exit here, just walk left and it's the second door on the right."

I nodded, "Thanks."

"No problem. I'll call you two down when lunch is ready."

She walked out, but left the door open. I crawled out of the bed slowly, not wanting to leave its comfort. One thought of Chloe, though, and I was to her bedroom door in a flash. I knocked, not wanting to just burst in.

"Come in."

I stepped inside. She was sitting at a desk, drawing. She turned to me as I entered. Her face brightened when she saw me.

"Jay! Glad you came. How was Mom?"

"She was really nice. You've got a great mother." I said.

I meant it, too. She giggled.

Patting a chair next to her own she said, "Here, have a seat."

I sat down and took a peek at her artwork. Good Lord, it was amazing.

Wait a minute, is that me?

I believe it was me. You couldn't see my face, though. It was just the back of me, my hood flipped up.

"Nice drawing," I commented.

She blushed, and turned it over. An awkward silence grew between us. I don't think either of us knew what to say. Thankfully, her mother ended all that business.

"Chloe! Jay! Lunch is ready!" she yelled from downstairs.

I think for a moment there, I felt normal.

*****

Hey! Fifth chapter done already! I can't believe how fast I'm going with this story! Don't forget to vote if you are enjoying it! :) :P :D