Tongue W-O-R

Mia sat heavily on Alia's hospital bed fingering the hard metal she had in her pocket as she watched the girl sleep. Alia's brown locks were sprawled across her pillow making it look like she wore a crown of brown. Her eyes were closed, making her face look calm and her lips were slightly open, allowing a trickle of saliva to fall down the side of her chin. Mia laughed, shaking her head at how Alia could look so beautiful even when she was drooling.

"I love you," Mia smiled, planting a kiss on Alia's forehead.

"Yeah, me too," Alia mumbled.

"Woah, what the-"

"Hello," Alia said, opening her eyes slowly with a grin, "Did you think I was really asleep?"

"Yes, yes I did. Jeez woman."

"Don't say the Lord's name in vain," Alia smirked.

"I said Jeez, not Jesus," Mia rolled her eyes.

"Jeez is the short form of Jesus," Alia said, pulling Mia into the bed with her, "Now come cuddle with me."

"Jeez is not the short form of Jesus!" Mia explained, slipping into the bed.

"Yeah it is," Alia sighed as she slung her hand around Mia's waist.

"Who said?" Mia retorted.

"Me," Alia smirked, "Now will you shush."

Mia sighed, cuddling into Alia's spoon. She could feel Alia's warm breath against her neck and Alia's body brushing against hers. Carefully, she laced her fingers with Alia's, squeezing gently. Alia squeezed back and then mindlessly began tracing circles on the back of Mia's hand with her thumb.

"Are you actually thinking of doing that?" Mia asked, her voice dropping.

"Doing what?"

"Killing yourself."

"Mia, I - I just can't loose another person," Alia sighed, "I can't hurt anyone else."

"You won't," Mia whispered.

"You don't know that for sure," Alia whispered.

"Please don't," Mia choked.

"Mia..."

"Don't do it Alia. I love you."

"I love you too," Alia whispered kissing the top of Mia's ear.

"I don't want you to die."

"And I don't want anything to happen to you," Alia replied, "that's why I have to do this if Kierra.."

"She won't."

"You don't know that."

"She won't, Alia. And besides, stuff has already happened to me, I'm already crazy," Mia laughed sadly.

"You know we didn't ever get to talking about what you told me," Alia stated.

Mia shrugged, worry flooding her mind. Did Alia not want to be with her anymore?

"Calm down, will you. I'm not leaving you, I just think it's something we need to talk about," Alia pressed. "I have questions..."

"Ask away," Mia forced a smile.

"So, uh, you made the whole story up in your head?"

"Yes."

"And you came to the institute at five?"

"Yeah."

"And you didn't kill your mother?"

"No, in fact, she was a great person."