It's Only Art

Chapter 3- It's Only Art

Alia

"You're not leaving?" Mia asked, a hint of surprise in her hoarse voice. Her screaming voice still rang in my ears as I tentatively took a seat next to her, trying to calm my pounding head.

"Of course not," I said leaning against the wall behind the bed. Her green eyes flickered with surprise before she looked down, pouting like a little kid.

"Every body always leaves," she said, tugging the ear of the panda bear toy in her arms.

"Is this your favorite?" I asked her softly. She nodded, nuzzling her nose into the top of its head. I smiled as her pink lips brushed against the nose of the panda bear, giving it a little kiss. "Why?"

"Because it smells so good," she piped. I couldn't help but laugh at her innocent energy.

"Can I smell it?" I smiled.

She shook her head violently before nuzzling her face back into the panda bear's head. Looking around her, she picked up a rainbow-colored teddy bear. I smirked as she handed it to me, of course the rainbow follows me everywhere. I pressed it against my chest, looking at her through the space between its ears.

"Hellow," she said in a high pitched voice, mimicking the bear and waving its paw.

"Hi," my bear waved back.

"How are you today, Cuddles," I smiled at the name Cuddles.

"I'm great."

"We should kiss now," Mia said in her bear voice. I looked up at her taken aback. "They are married," she mouthed to me, pressing the bears lips together. "Now they'll have a baby," she smiled.

I laughed at this, "How do people have babies?" I asked.

"They kiss," she paused, "and then a star comes in their mouth and they have a baby." She shrugged, keeping the panda bear down. "Do you want to play Mumma and Baby?" she yawned.

I laughed even louder at her simple explanation, shaking my head. I bit my lower lips lightly, considering whether or not to ask her if she wanted paint. "Do you want to paint instead?" She considered it for a moment, pushing her brows together.

"What are we painting on?"

"I brought canvas.."

"What are we painting with?"

"Poster paint.."

"What are we going to paint?"

"Whatever you want," I shrugged.

She looked down for a moment. "Will you paint with me?" Again, I was taken aback by her. I shook my head slowly. I couldn't do it, I couldn't get lost in my painting again. If I do that, I will loose Fae, she warned me.

"Sorry, I can't," I said, biting my lip harder. My fingers curled in frustration as Fae's words floated back to me.

I had been painting, as always, sitting in the balcony face covered in color. I heard the click of Fae's heels as she walked up behind me, groaning.

"Alia, seriously? Have you even eaten today?" I hadn't bothered to answer her, my gaze following my hand as I carefully brushed the contours of the body of the woman I was drawing. She shook my shoulders, causing paint to spill over the canvas I had been working on for days. I looked up at Fae, anger bubbling through me like rapid fire.

I took a deep breath, "Look what you've done?" My voice shook. She smirked at me.

"Finally, finally I have your attention. Come, lets go to bed now," she winked. Before I knew it, my cheeks were filled with wet hot tears of frustration.

"How can you do this?" I whispered to her, unable to breathe.

"Babe, please. I did this for your own good," she smiled at me, "you were like completely obsessed!"

My lower lip trembled, "It was for the art display, Fae, the art display which is in a week." Tears rushed down my cheeks.

"Boo, hoo, big deal. It's only art," she flicked her hair from her shoulder, "I personally think that you should never pick up a paint brush again. It traps you Alia. It really does. Look at you crying over a painting like a baby. Gosh. You're really not painting under my watch again. Now turn that frown upside down and come to bed already."

That was the last time I painted.

*Authors Note- Hiya guys! Thanks so much for reading my story, I appreciate it sooo much. Just a question- Do you guys like short chapters with more updates, or long chapters and fewer updated? Let me know so I can improve! Love y'all. - D*