Homocide

*this is like super short, but oh well, enjoy."

Alia

A murderer. A person who has committed a murder. Killed another human being. Murder. Homicide. Crime.

Had she torn a family apart? Pulled someone away from their loved one? Left a person crying because of the magnitude of death?

I don't even know her. I've spent every single day in the past month with her, and I don't even know her. Murder.

The room hallway swarmed around me as I brushed past the worried nurses. I had to confront her, running away was no good, at least until I found the truth. I tripped over my own feet as tears prickled the bottom of my eyes. My hair fell out of my hair tie as I shuffled my way to her room that seemed impossibly far away.

"I don't counsel murderers." The voice rang high-pitched in my ears. My little finger twitched as I wrapped my fingers around the handle of her room door. I can do this.

"Is it true?" I plummeted into the room. Mia's head snapped up from her black book and she gave the tears sprinkling down my cheeks a confused look. "Is it true-" -I couldn't say it- "t-the reason why Mrs. Greater stopped counseling you, is it?"

Mia looked at me with a small smile on her lips- if it wasn't for the two pigtails she wore, she would have looked her age. She looked down at her hands and her shoulders slumped.

"I-is it Mia?" I pushed. Her eyes fell to the floor as she nodded silently. Anger bubbled through like rapid fire and I was unable to contain the heat. I could feel the heat in my cheeks and the think warm tears on my cheeks. I had fallen for a murder. I lifted the painting of the baby that say in the corner, punching it and tearing at it with my nails. I growled in anger as I flung the ruined painting in Mia's direction. I saw her catch it effortlessly and place it on the bed. A scream left my lips and when I turned to her, her childish expression was gone.
"You liar. You- you cheat," I screeched, running my fingers through my hair. Mia didn't say a word to me, making the anger boil further. "Do you have nothing to say in your defense? Why did you not tell me, you, you murderer." Mia's lipped puckered at my harsh tone but she still did not utter a word. She sat up straight, looking like an adult. Then, realization dawned upon me. She knew, she knew that she was not five years old, she knew that she was twenty, this is all an act. I growled again, "You know you're twenty you little bitch." I spat at her, unable to control myself. I advance towards her my arm outstretched. Her arm collided with mine in defense as I reached out to punch her. Her face was calm but her eyes mirrored the fear in mine. I reached out again, my nails scratching her cheek as she reached towards the bell near her bed while shoving the black book in my hand.

"I can explain," she whispered in my ear, "just not here." She tucked the book inside my coat pocket, "Read this, and if you still want the explanation, I'll give it to you. I'll tell you everything."

Two nurses flew into the room and fastened their grip around my shoulders, carrying me out of the room. The last thing I thought before something hit me across the head and everything turned black was how Mia never said that she had murdered someone because she was entitled to it.