Don't You Cry

Mia spiraled down the hallways in a frantic attempt to find the doctor who for some reason couldn't be found on any floor of the hospital building Mia new inch by inch.

Mia had helped Alia walk the way to the Maternity Wing of the hospital, leaving the institute behind.

Mia rushed down the hallway, slightly pushing open the doors on her left in hopes of finding the doctor.

"Humph," Mia let out when she banged into a sturdy figure in front of her. She took a step back when she saw who it was, almost about to turn on her heel and run away.

"Why are you here?" Mia sprinkled his face with hate.

"Uh, I got a call from the hospital another you and some baby... I didn't know you were pregnant?"

"Why would the hospital call you?" Mia's anger grew.

"Maybe cause I'm the only family you have left? Look, I'm sick and tired of you hating me for no fault of mine, if it's anyone fault, it's the doctors fault for not letting me through!"

"Well, you could have at the least tried to contact me," Mia mumbled, tears prickling her eyes, "look, I have no time for this right now, I need to find the doctor."

"Why, what's wrong?"

"I-I don't know, they took Alia's baby away and I have to see what's wrong."

"Alia?"

"She's my girlfriend," Mia nodded, begging to walk down the hallway.

Mia walked down the rest of the hallway opening doors and sighing when she came up empty. Mia opened the last door of the hallway but found it empty.

Sighing, she turned back.

"So, uhm, your girlfriend is pregnant? I'm sorry, but how?" Jake looked at me in bewilderment.

"Uh, it's a complicated story for another time, come on now," Mia pushed the door open.

"I couldn't find her," Mia commented as she walked in. She stopped when she took in the scene in front of her, not believing her eyes.

Dr. Arthur stood in front of Alia's bed.

"What's going on," Mia asked slowly, going to sit down on the side of Alia's bed, across Olive.

"Well, we removed the cancerous gene from the fetus before Ms. Earl gave birth to it. Now, this could have resulted in your baby being born a little out-of-balance."

"Where is Kierra?" Mia asked, slowly.

"She's in the ER on life support. We are not sure about her condition as of now, or even if she will get better, all we can do is hope for the best at this point. Your doctor called me so I could check her out too, seems like we have the same view on this that you guys have to stay in the hospital and just hang on," Arthur said with a small smile, "maybe this was just not meant to be without Fae."

Alia let out a wild war cry, suddenly jumped onto her bed and punched Arthur with all the force she could muster.

Jake was at Alia's side in a minute, holding her back as Olive tried to awaken an unconscious Arthur. 

Once Jake had gotten Alia in her bed, Mia quickly laced her fingers through Alia's fingers and kissed away the small tear that had trickled down her cheek.

"I promise you everything is going to be okay," Mia lied.

Another tear mapped it's way down Alia's cheek and Mia kissed the crystal away again.

Mia rested Alia's head onto the pillow, letting the tears damped the pillow case.

Slowly, Mia began to do the only thing she knew that would make Alia calm down.

Hush little baby, don't say a word,
Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird.

She sang in a soft voice, seeing Alia close her eyes gently.

And if that mocking bird won't sing,
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring.

Alia drifted off into a painful sleep, warm in Mia's arms.

Authors Note-

If you don't know this already,

I love you guys, thank you so much for the support,

Also, this book is coming to an end BUT I have another idea so sit tight.

I think about three more chapters or maybe four, I'm not sure.

What do you think should happen to Kierra?

What about Olive? Will she ruin Malia?

Oops.

Love you guys

xx

Dee

PS- If you have time to waste, go check out my poem and flash fiction booklet called Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down! It's cute! Kthanksbye