The Truth and Other Things

Mia's shrieks could be heard in the room across three halls near the window in the "addiction" section where Olive sat near the wall, glazing out the window wondering just what happened to Mia to reduce her to this level again. Olive bit her lip lightly. Was it Alia? Why was Alia even here? She couldn't get her head around the fact that the only two people she'd ever loved were not only here with her in an insane asylum but also clearly in a relationship. She sighed, running her fingers through her locks. If only Mia knew about her feelings, things would be so different. Maybe Olive should confess, she stop wondering what would have happened if Olive had just kissed Mia all those times she could have.

Outside the room, Alia paced the hallway impatiently, waiting to be let in to her girlfriend's room so they can talk. She caressed her stomach, feeling her nine month year old baby kick inside of her.

Mia's persistent screaming stopped. Alia took this as a clue to finally push into her room.

"What's going on?" Alia breathed. Mia stood in the corner of the room, shaking involuntarily. Alia rushed up to her, clutching her arms and kissing her forehead lightly.

"I'm not who you think I am," she said.

"Who are you?"

"I'm crazy."

"No, you were crazy."

"No, I am crazy. And I am a liar," her voice shook.

"What?" Alia asked, shakily.

"All those things I told you, their all a lie. I've been in the institute since I was a baby. Something about a chemical imbalance in my brain and me making up my own fantasy world. I met Jake in the hospital. He has a wife and now a baby. He doesn't care about me," her voice was clipped.

"Hey, it's okay," Alia pulled Mia into her arms. Mia pushed her face into Alia's shoulder, soaking it with salty tears. "It's okay, it's gonna be-"

Alia felt something wet between her legs, "oh oh."

"What?" Mia asked, confused.

"I think my water just broke."

Authors Note-
Short and gross but sorry I have no motivation, inspiration and I'm just sleepy all the time. So sorry.

Enjoy?

-Dee