Stereotypes

Fae

I was growing intensely sicker by the day, I could feel myself caving into death even before it threatened to engulf me. I knew that deaths viscous tendrils were out to get me and I wasn't particularly scared of it although I hoped for more time. I had survived the week Arthur had supposed my death would be in. I was alive and for some strange reason, I felt relieved.

Death has always been a foregoing thing for me. I knew I was going to die young but for some reason as my time is nearing, I'm beginning to dread death.

It's funny how emotions flood you when you're just about to escape, isn't it? Dread- it's one of the most painful things for when you dread something there is no chance of a mist of hope released from Pandora's Box.

And without hope, we have no reason to live.

I have no hope, but I also dread my death.

I told you emotions are hilarious.

Alia

"Ms. Earl?" The petite female nurse called out to me, instructing me to enter the room.

The clinic huffed with energy and a sense of birth and as I walked in to see the new doctor, I was happy that I had decided against a hospital.

"Ms. Earl, is that correct?" The doctor lowered her head, her spectacles sliding down her nose. Her purple hair was tied into a fountain ponytail and bounced on top of her head. Tattoos rushed down her arms, curling around her fingertips and finally ending onto the back of her palm.

"Y-yes, that's me," I stuttered, taken aback at the sight of her. I eyes her cautiously, deciding whether or not to trust her with my two month old fetus.

She cackled at my wary expression. "Doll, I know I look like a gangster, but trust me, that is so not my scene. I just like breaking stereotypes, that's all. Now jump onto the bed and lay on your back so we can get this road on the show," she showed off her pearly whites. I did as I was told, deciding to trust her. It's not like I had a choice anyway. I wouldn't, couldn't, go back to Arthur.

It had been a week since I had seem Fae. I had decided to reside in the hotel room Mia had booked with what little sources Mia had brought from the apartment. It was the end of the month and I couldn't continue scavenging with resources (especially with a living thing inside of me) when I had an apartment full of stuff to satisfy me. This past week I had been to afraid to see Fae. I wasn't necessarily terrified of seeing her, I was more terrified of seeing her happy with Arthur and then returning back to an empty room.

That's why I decided I would retrieve the stuff I needed today. Since it was Friday, I could get my stuff and then go pick Mia up from the institute.

I have been longing to see her since I dropped her off last Sunday. Somehow, her presence just made me feel more alive. Not simply living, but alive. The electricity that charged between us made me feel excited and tired at the same time that I couldn't control the lust that I felt for her.

"There's your baby," the doctor whispered. I looked at the ultra sound, ignoring the coolness on my belly button. Amongst the blue and whiteness I could see a little figure about as big as the distance between my thumb and little finger. I gasped at the sight of my little baby and a giggle of pure joy slipped between my lips.

"My babies beautiful," I breathed.

"As beautiful as its mother," the doctor winked at me. I chuckled inwardly at her flirting. So I still had it, even after I begun showing a little.

***

The front door to the apartment was left slightly ajar and I slipped into it noiselessly. Padding up to the carpet to wipe my feet before entering, I scourged the place for a hint of Fae. Her car was in the lot, meaning she was home but hopefully she wouldn't be in our room.