Touche, Bitch

Alia

My heart, jaw and boxed arms dropped heavily when I took in the image of Olive. She sat across Mia on the carpet, orangish-red hair tied in a tight plait, fair skin spotted with freckles, dark eyes sunken into her sockets and the undeniable tattoo of the chemical composition of dopamine just above her right collar bone. 

Mia sprung off her feet, wrapping her arms around my neck and legs around my waist. She kissed my cheek lightly, "What you doing here?" she asked once she'd calmed down.

I shrugged looking past her at Olive, the same Olive who's supposedly burnt to ashes. "Olive?" I said again, looking at her. She looked up at with wide eyes and her pinkish chapped lips parted. 

"Alia!" she squealed, jumping up and copying Mia's actions. 

"You know Olive?" Mia asked me, beaming. I nodded, detangling myself from the dead girl. "That's so awesome! Olive is my bestest friend here! Oh my god! My giwlfwiend knows my bestest fwiend!" she gushed. 

Olive took a step back, "Girlfriend?" she said in her hoarse voice. 

Mia nodded, smiling. "What you doing here Aliabooboo?" She hugged me, burying her face into my chest. 

"You're supposed to be dead," I blurted to Olive. 

"Well, taadaa?! I'm alive," Olive laughed. I tried to run my fingers through my hair but the boxes around my hands prevented me from doing so. 

"What?" I spat with gritted teeth. 

"I-I'm alive," Olive smiled weakly. 

"I can see that. How?" I clenched. 

"Uhm, I was never dead...no, wait, that's not true, I think I was dead for like a few minutes in the hospital after the crash," she pondered. 

"Your mother said you were dead," I stated, bluntly. All this while Mia had been looking back and forth between us. 

"And did you go to the funeral?" Sarcasm was prominent in her tone. 

"No, she said you cremated." 

"Well, clearly, she lied. I guess she didn't want people to know I had a drinking and drug problem," she shrugged.

"So, you're here because of your addiction..s?" I asked. 

"Sorta," Mia answered for Olive, "she went to rehab first but after a two years they said that she can't be fixed." 

"Well, thanks dodo!" Olive tapped Mia's forehead. Mia gasped and rubbed her forehead. 

"You're gonna pay for that, mister," she growled in a baby voice. 

"What you gonna do ha, baby?" Olive laughed. 

Mia reached out and poked Olive's side, "touche," she smiled. 

Olive poked Mia back. "Well, touche to you too." Olive squealed and began running when Mia tried to poke her again. Determinedly, Mia followed suit. When Olive ducked behind the sofa, Mia stood  waiting on the other side. When Olive ran to the left of the sofa, Mia mirrored her actions to try to catch her. Then Olive ran to the table, squealing. Mia laughed maliciously and crawled under the table. Olive passed by Mia and Mia reached out and poked her stomach. 

"Touche, dodo," Mia laughed, leaving the table as fast as she could. 

"Hey! That was cheating!" 

"No it wasn't!"

"Yes it was!" 

"Where does it say?"

"In the rule book!" Mia stopped running and began chasing Olive again, gullibly. Olive smirked, turned around, grabbed Mia's waist and picked her up over her shoulder. 

"Cheating! Cheating!" Mia squealed, kicking. 

"Ha ha, no, the rule is, there are no rules!" Olive laughed, flinging a fuming Mia on the sofa. 

"Cheater," Mia muttered. 

"That's my middle name, bitch," Olive said, before leaving the room with her middle fingers up. 

Authors Note-

OMG OMG OMG I AM IN NYC IN A COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY FOR A SUMMER PROGRAM IN CREATIVE WRITING AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THE CAMPUS OMG OMG I LOVE IT. 

ANYWAYS,

What do you think of Alia and Olive?

What do you think of Mia and Olive? 

Molive or Olia? 

I AM SOO HAPPY FOR 'MURICA YAASSSS, BRING THE MARRIAGE ON. 

Since it's legal now,

Will you marry me?

xx 

P.S- Emma Stone, gif on the side is Olive. 

-Dee