Funerals, Confetti Dresses and Surprise Money

"Good morning, Princess," Mia smiled as she pecked Alia's lips.

"Hey Mia."

"Hi."

"Where's Kierra?"

"Still with the doctor," Mia's voice saddened, "but Jake took Arthur far far away."

"And so they lived happily every after," Alia chuckled. She rested her head back on the pillow, taking Mia's hand in hers and lacing their fingers together. "It's my fault, you know. It's my fault that Kierra's sick. If only I hadn't smoked the fucking marijuana..."

"It's not your fault, Alia. The doctor said it was because of the genetic modification."

"It's my fault, Alia, I just, I can't explain it, it's a feeling deep inside my stomach, I just don't know."

"It's not your fault."

"Oh, but it is." Alia closed her eyes, "If Kierra doesn't make it through, Mia, I don't think I can make it myself."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I can't bare having the death of one more person on my hands," Alia sighed.

"Alia-"

"No, don't 'Alia' me, if the baby dies, so am I. And if that happens Mia, I want white roses on my grave." Alia was quiet for a while, "maybe you could bury me and my baby together. And you should have a fountain of glitter, so it sprays everyone," Alia's voice tired.

"What about whoopee pillows under everyone's chair so when they sit down it'll sound like one big fart," Mia beamed.

"Ah, yes and perhaps even a dress code, everyone has to wear as little as possible."

"Nah, we have to remember this is a funeral, not your senior college party. We should make everyone wear really ugly bridesmaids dresses," Mia nodded. "Yeah so then when they come up to you, your soul will smirk and comment on just how drop dead gorgeous you are compared to these lunatics."

"And then you'll mentally scream at me for being so beautiful even in death," Alia laughed, "And I want a rainbow grave."

"Duh, rainbow with sparkles."

"Oh and I should wear a dress made of only confetti so I can party in the after life. And I want to be buried near the river under the stars okay, not too far from the city but not too close either. Also, I want a garden over my tombstone, where young lovers can come and do what they do best - be gay, and probably make love on top of my grave in the garden."

"Doll, this is the 21st Century, no one makes love in gardens anymore," Mia's voice quietened, "Are we really talking about you dying?" A tear trickled down her cheek.

"We are, aren't we?" Alia replied, reaching her hand out and wiping away the tear, "Listen, Mia, I don't want you at my funeral."

"Wha-"

"Because when you cry that day, I wouldn't be able to reach up and wipe away the sparkle that'll fall down your cheek," Alia smiled, sadly, "So, you won't be there, will you?"

"I don't-"

"Just say you won't. Please, I don't want you there," Alia begged.

Mia looked down at Alia's pleading face. Another tear slipped and Alia wiped it away. Mia closed her eyes, "Okay."

"Good," Alia smiled, "thank you."

"I can't believe I'm going to miss a confetti dress," Mia offered Alia a weak smile. "Anyways, you should rest," Mia softened, "come on, I'll tuck you in."

Mia tucked Alia in, kissed Alia's forehead and left the room.

**

"I can't believe you're actually looking for a ring!" Olive piped.

"Yeah, I am. I'm going to marry that girl, I tell you, marry her," Mia fingered the ring in her fingers.

"Okay, girl, you need to buy that ring ASAP cause we only have fifteen minutes until someone realizes we're gone." Olive and Mia had managed to sneak out of the hospital using the back exit.

"I love this one," Mia said, looking down at the intricate designs engraved into the ring.

"Yeah, that's beautiful. Look at the size of that rock," Olive gaped.

"I know."

"How much is it?"

"Way more than I can afford, probably, but I love it, and I love her, I need to buy it."

"You're right, you do."

"Okay, okay. I'm going to do this. We just need to go to a bank first."

"Ah, genius, you couldn't have told me before we came into the shop," Olive shook her head, "Go tell the shop keeper to keep this on the side so we can go grab the money quickly."

Mia told the cashier and they walked to the nearby bank.

"Can I help you?" The person behind the desk asked.

"Uh, yes, I think I have an account?" Mia said.

"Of course. Ma'am, why don't you take a seat and tell me your name."

"I'm Mia Tres," Mia said as she sat down, "M-I-A  T-R-E-S."

The man typed something into his computer. Scanning the screen, he seemed taken aback by the information. "Ms. Tres!" He said looking up and flashing Mia a huge smile.

"Is something wrong?" Mia bit her bottom lip.

"Uh, no, I'm just surprise you came here instead of the V.I.P section, Ms. Tres."

"V.I.P Section?" Mia asked.

"Yes, Ms. Tres, you have over five million dollars in your account," the clerk said, typing something else into the computer.

"Oh," Mia said, dumbly.

"From your mother's will, of course," the clerk prompted. "How much of that would you like to withdraw?"

Mia told him the amount of money she wanted and the clerk handed it to her.

"Thank you," she told the clerk, before getting up and leaving the bank.

"So, how much do you have?" Olive asked.

"More than five million dollars," Mia said, still stunned.

"What?"

"I don't know myself, but they said it came from my mother."

"I thought you killed your mother..."

"No, I didn't."

"Then why are you surprised?"

"Because this means that my mother was actually a nice person."

Author's Note-

Alright peeps.

I think there's gonna be a last chapter and that's it.

What do you guys think about Olive kissing Mia?

and what about planning Alia's funeral?

What do you feel about Mia popping the question?

And what about Mia's mother's money? Is Mia's fantasy finally broken?

K love you guys,

Marry me.

Kbye.