Three's Comfort

The hospital room was horribly quiet, so quiet that Alia could hear the rhythmic tapping of water crashing against the concrete, the screech of tires burning against the road and the incessant footsteps of Mia outside the door and her soft muttering. Alia could almost picture Mia, eyes scrunched at the corner dancing from the room to the floor impatiently, her fingers rushing through her hair, curling the ends, her back hunched, lower lip bit while she quickly tied her hair into a bun, undid it, and tied it again as if this would make the delivery procedure more secure.

Alia smiled weakly at the thought of Mia outside the door, imagining Mia's face in front of her eyes. As Alia's eyes dropped with heaviness, her smile turned from a smile to a slight frown as she saw the weak-looking thing she had just pushed out of her.

**

"Doctor, what's wrong?" Mia asked as the pink-haired woman frantically directed the nurses surrounding her. She flailed her tattooed arms in the air as she talked, making Mia more worried than she already was. "Doc?"

The woman turned to Mia frustratedly but seeing the worrisome look on Alia's face, she softened, "Mia, it's all going to be alright, Alia's inside, you can go see her," the woman smiled sadly. Mia nodded as one of the nurses pushed Mia into Alia's room.

"Hey Al," Mia whispered, brushing her lips against Alia's hand. "Alia?"

Alia grumbled something unintelligible, and turned to Mia with her eyes closed. Mia caught the small frown on her face and bit down on her lip further, breaking the skin so she could taste the metal-like taste of her own blood.

Something was terribly wrong, Mia had felt it deep inside her stomach from the time Alia's water had broken. Mia kissed Alia's fingers again, closing her eyes in a silent prayer to whoever was up there to listen to her.

"Are you praying?" Alia's voice broke the silence, her giggle making Mia's eyes dance with joy.

"Only for you baby," Mia smirked, winking.

"That didn't make any sense," Alia rolled her eyes in a way Mia couldn't help but find adorable.

"You don't make any sense," Mia stuck her tongue out at Alia. Alia giggled again, burying her head into the pillow.

"You're a kid," Alia guffawed.

"You're a joke," Mia wiggled her eyebrows. Alia pouted, crossed her hands over her chest and flipped her head, looking away from Mia. Mia leaned in, her lips against Alia's ear, "but you're my joke, so I wuv you."

"You wuv me?" Alia laughed.

"Mhm, yeah," Mia kissed Alia's cheek.

"What even is that?"

"It's like I love you but into infinity," Mia smiled against Alia's cheek.

"Then I wuv you too. And I wuv the baby. Where is the baby?"

"Uh.." Mia tied her hair into a bun, "I don't know but Doc's taking care of whatever the problem is, she said." Mia undid her bun.

"What do you mean, problem?"

"I'm not really sure," Mia said, unsure.

"What do you mean you're not sure?" Alia's voice raised in pitch.

"Uh, well, she didn't really tell me," Mia did up her bun.

"Why didn't you ask?" Alia exclaimed.

"I, I did..I just.." Mia looked to the door as if someone would walk in to save her, and save her someone did.

"Hey Alia, hey Mia," Olive pressed, coming in to hug the both of them.

"Do you know what's wrong with my baby?" Alia almost screeched.

"Uh, no, I don't, but have you decided a name?" Olive said smoothly, avoiding the accusations.

"Yeah, uh, have you, Alia?" Mia backed Olive up.

"Actually," Alia looked at her hands, "I was thinking Kierra."

"That's beautiful," Olive breathed, grinning. Alia nodded softly, glancing toward Mia to get a hint of what she was thinking but her face was bland.

"What do you think Mia?" Alia asked, cringing with the worst expectations.

"I, I think that..I think that I need to find out what the hell is wrong with Kierra." Mia rushed out of the room, leaving the other two in complete confusion.

Authors Note-
This is a decent-ish chapter sooo...

Hello earthlings. How are you guys doing? How do you like this chapter? How do you like this book so far?

Just to let you guys know, this book is almost over, just a few chapters left.

Also, I'm the car for 7 hours cause we're going from South Beach all the way to Key West just cause of the "beautiful view" and it probably is beautiful I just detest car rides cause they are stupid if it's not convertible and thus id rather take a bus. So my point is, I might update again today so watch out!

And OMG I love Miami Beach. And I love summer. And I love holidays. Don't you guys?

There's just been sooo much going on!

So lemme tell you guys EVERYTHING just cause I can:)

A) The course in Columbia University was absolutely beautiful. On like the second last day, I came out and literally EVERYONE in my class came out after me (like all the queers), it was legit.

B) I got a tattoo and it's so pretty I could cry.

C) Aalso, I want to tell you guys just how beautiful, amazing, smart and perfect (she really is) my girl is. (Plus she's super hot) and I hope she has a better week cause she deserves it considering she's been going through shit this week, so if you're reading this, A, I wuv you so much.

D) MY MOTHER FELL OFF THE JETSKI. I was driving so that makes me more excited. (PS- Jetsking is lovely)

E) Thank you guys so much for putting up with my bs and not thrashing me, I hope you guys are enjoying life and I love you guys so much that's for supporting me man.

Also, DONT FORGET TO READ, VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.

Love ya

-Dee