Camera Roll of Memories

Alia

The warm intoxicating smell of fresh bread thickened the air as the little cafe bustled with life. Fae flipped through the menu, her brow scrunched in concentration. The corners of my lips tugged upwards at the sight of my heart wrenchingly beautiful girlfriend. Her blonde hair was tucked into a messy bun, exposing her long neck. She wore a white patterned sweater that hugged her body in all the right places and her lower lip was tucked under her teeth.

I sighed in awe, "You look hot," I stated.

She looked up for a minute as a smirk formed on her lips. "I see the babies healthy. You're hormones are going crazy."

"It's not my fault your hot." Fae laughed at my words, rolling her eyes. "Do you wanna go home?"

"We just got here Alia," Fae chuckled, "and besides, no sex until you read Mia's book."

It's been a week since I'd seen Mia. I hadn't still had the courage to read her journal. I growled at Fae, getting a disapproving look in return. The chime that indicated that someone was entering the cafe tinkled. I turned to look at the new arrives as the door swung behind them.

Ah crap.

I sunk in my chair as I saw the elderly couple walk into the cafe.

How swell.

I plunged my face into my palms. It had taken me a year to get over her, especially because of her death. I couldn't handle meeting her parents now. Maybe, just maybe they won't -

"Alia? Is that you?"

This is absolutely perfect.

I rose to my feet, plastering a smile across my face. "It's a pleasure seeing you again, Mr. and Mrs. Yeppole."

Mrs. Yeppole's grey eyes searched mine as I shook her wrinkly slim hand, reminding me achingly of her dancing eyes and careless expression.

"Ah, you haven't changed much Alia. Looking at you makes me feel as if Olive hasn't left at all." The old man's voice hitched at the word Olive.

"That's because her presence is still here. Olive always had a over-bearing personality, she is defiantly here. Do you feel that at times Alia?" The old women said.

"Yes, yes Oli-she did have a great personality," I looked towards my twitching finger. Fae's hand brushed my elbow, a subtle sign telling me to introduce her. "Oh, uhm, this is Fae, uhm, my girlfriend."

"Hello," Fae smiled, " actually, Alia has changed, but maybe just a little, she has a little one in her tummy now."

"A baby? A girlfriend? This was all supposed to be Olive's." The women burst, "if only that wretched car hadn't-"

The man wrapped his arm around the women's shoulder, telling her to calm down. He whispered in the women's ear, wavering her away from my dumbfounded expression.

"Who were they?" Fae asked, sitting down again.

I sat down too, slumping into my seat. "Those were my ex's parents. "

"Olive?"

"Yeah. She, uhm, she was in a drunk car accident. She died."

"Oh." Fae's voice dropped suddenly,

"Yeah." I said stupidly, a flash of memories crowding my thoughts.

"You're cute." Olive winked at me, her grey eyes blooming with excitement.

"And you're stupid." My voice dead.

"Aw thanks. I love you too."

"I hate you."

"No, you don't." She leaned towards me, her breath stinking with alcohol.

"Stop drinking."

"Stop being such a bore."

"Stop drinking." I pushed the glass out of her hands, its contents falling onto the floor.

"You bitch, look what you've done."

"You've had enough for drink."

"You don't own me."

"But I care about you."

"Well that's too bad. Cause I'm leaving. I'm leaving this shitty place. I'm leaving you. Goodbye."

"Bye." My glare bearing into her eyes. She flipped over, her hair slapping my face. Strutting up to the guy in the corner of the room, she whispered into his ear. He leaned over her in a mixture of alcohol and weed as he grabbed the keys from his pocket. His red eyes darted around the room before he smirked at me, grabbed Olive's hand and pulled her out of the room.

"Alia?" Fae tapped my shoulder, "let's go."

Don't leave Olive.