Chapter 28

Dan's POV

We arrived home a few weeks ago. Charlotte and I have been looking at houses since we got home. We've found a few that we like. We have two house tours later in the day. That's if we get any sleep.

None of us have gotten any sleep in the last few days. So, it's changing plans we've had set for the last few days. Restless nights are horrible.

"Charlotte, dear. We have a tour in 5 hours." I said, rubbing the top of her head.

"Why would we set something for 8 am?" She whined, looking up at me.

"It's the only time they available. If we want this one, we have to go to the tour." I looked at her.

"Yeah. I know." She said, placing her head on my chest. I felt a small smile grow across her lips.

"What?" I chuckled, rubbing her back.

"Nothing." She rolled over so she was on her stomach. She looked at me and smiled.

"No. Not nothing." I said, sitting up and looking at her. She sat on her butt and looked at me. She gently shook her head.

"I just remembered how lucky I am to be with you." Charlotte looked at me. I smiled and pecked her forehead. "We should get some sleep."  She quickly added, laying down.

"I would sleep... But, I can't." I said, pulling the blanket over our bodies. She laughed.

"Our day can start now, if you want."

"No. Let's not do that." I said. She nodded and placed her head back on my chest. We laid there for a little bit.

"Charlotte?"

"Yes, Daniel?" She asked groggily. Shit! I woke her up.

"Can I ask a very important question?"

"Can it wait till the morning? We have to get up soon." She asked, moving her pillow. I sighed and looked over at my bedside drawer.

"Yeah. It can." I nodded. She curled up into my side and fell back to sleep. I rolled around for hours. I looked at my clock. 5:30. We need to wake up in an hour and a half.

"Dan, you need to go to sleep."

"Charlotte, you need to go to sleep." I replied. Maybe she wasn't asleep.

"I'm awake. I'm not going to go back to sleep." She opened her eyes and looked at me. Her eyes were tired. "What was it you wanted to ask me?"  She looked at me.

"Oh. Nothing."

"No. Daniel, it isn't nothing." She threw her pillow at the ground. 

"I'll ask again later. Don't worry about it." I said, rubbing her back.

"Okay then. I'm going to take a shower, you... You Daniel get dressed and make a pot of coffee." She said, moving out from under the blanket and walking to the bathroom with towels. I rolled out of bed and went to the dresser. I grabbed a pair of dark skinny jeans and a button up. I quickly got dressed, made then bed and went down to the kitchen. I started a pot of coffee. Moments later, Charlotte came out of the bathroom dressed and ready to go.