Chapter 11

Today, Dan and I left for America. We have a hotel and everything situated. It's been a few days since I found out about my dad.

"Ready?" Dan asked as we got out of the cab. I nodded. He grabbed our suitcases and we walked into our hotel. I walked in to the hotel and went to the front desk.

"Hi. Name?"

"Howell? If it's not Howell do Bradbury." I said, looking at the manager.

"Oh. Would you look at that! You two got a free upgrade." The lady smiled at me. I nodded. The lady typed away.

"Your room number is 327 and the cost will be $725." She smiled. I pulled out my credit card and handed it to her. Dan came up behind me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"We got a free upgrade." I said, looking up at him.

"Cool." He smiled. The manager handed me a key card and Dan and I went off. We went to the elevator. I pushed the button and we went up.

"You alright?" Dan asked, before the elevator stopped at our floor. I looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said, grabbing his hand. He held it and kissed it. The elevator stopped and the doors for the elevator opened. Dan grabbed our suitcases and we walked out. We walked down to our room. I slid the key card though the lock. The door unlocked and we walked in.

The room was a large room. It had one large bed and comfort area with a television. The bathroom was a fair size. We basically got the honeymoon suite.

"Well, it's not like we sleep in the same bed anyway." Dan shrugged and walked past me. I rolled my eyes and walked in, closing the door behind me.

"I'm going to take a shower. Then, I'm going to go to the hospital. You can either come and meet my mom and dad, or you can stay here." I said, getting things for a shower.

"Can I maybe join you in the shower?" He asked, looking at me with a half smirk. I looked at him and my jaw fell open.

"Daniel." I said, looking at him. He laughed.

"I was just joking."

"No! You weren't!" I smiled. Dan smiled at me.

"Maybe a little bit." He said, held up his fingers as if he was saying a little bit. I rolled my eyes.

"You know, we haven't even had our first kiss yet. And you want to take a shower with me?" I stood up and looked at him.

"We can change that..."

"Dan," I laughed. He smiled again.

"Charlotte, I'm only trying to cheer you up." He came over to me and hugged me. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Well, it's working." I kissed his cheek.

"Good." He smiled. I looked up at him. "I could totally kiss you right now." He mumbled, moving a hand up to my cheek and rubbing his thumb across my cheek bone.

"I would kiss you right now. But I don't want our first kiss to be during the trip for when my dad is about to die." I whispered.

"It might make you feel better, Charlotte." He replied back. I looked at his eyes, then down at his lips. The corner of my lips curled up.

Dan was a little hesitant at first. But he moved closer to my lips. I took a deep breath and moved closer to him. I lightly closed my eyes and finally connected my lips with Dan's. Shivers went throughout my body. I felt as if I was going to collapse. But, Dan was holding me so I wouldn't. He moved his hands up my back and to my head. And, in these few second we were kissing, I calmed down. Every worry and emotion I was feeling was gone.

After a few seconds, he pulled back and looked at me.

"Thank you, Dan." I whispered.

"You're welcome, Charlotte." He replied with a small smile. I hugged him tight and then went to go shower. I took a quick one. The water was warm. It was a nice shower. After I showered, I got dressed and put my glasses on.

Yeah. I wear glasses. I normally have contacts. But, my dad normally sees me in glasses.

After I finished getting ready, I went out to the room. Dan was in a black jacket with his Doge shirt on under, and black skinny jeans.

"Ready?" He asked, tying his shoe. He stood up and looked at me. "Glasses?" He asked, pointing at his own head. I nodded.

"Yeah. Let's go." I walked over to the door and pulled the door open. Dan followed behind me. He grabbed my hand and looked at me.

"You're going to be okay." He said, looking at me. I nodded. We went out side and hailed a taxi. One soon came and we went to the hospital.

Giselle>Me: let me know when you arrive at the hospital.

Me>Giselle: will do.

"I'm worried that my mom and dad aren't going to like you. They don't even know I'm in a relationship." I said, looking over at Dan.

"Don't worry about anything. Okay? Don't stress out about anything. Okay? If you need food, I'll get you food. If you need coffee, I'll get you coffee. I'll get you anything you need."

"So, you're basically my bitch?" I smiled.

"For right now. I am basically your bitch." He added. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, Dan. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome, Charlotte." He nodded. The taxi stopped. I paid and we both got out.

Me>Giselle: I'm here.

Giselle>Me: okay. I'll be right there.

"Let's go in. It looks like it's going to rain." I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the hospital. As soon as we walked in, Giselle ran up to me. I wrapped my arms around her body and she did the same.

"I was so worried about you." She said into my ear.

"I know. I know. I'm so sorry." I let out a small sob in her ear. She started crying and rubbing my back and head. "I'm so, so, so sorry." I repeated. She let go of me and held my head.

"Don't leave without telling me. Without telling mom. Or dad." She looked at me with tears coming down her face. I nodded and wiped my face.

"I missed you so much." She hugged me again. After a minute, she let me go and looked at me.

"Who is that guy?" She asked, pointing at Dan. "Why was he holding your hand?" She asked, looking at me.

"Daniel, come here for a second." I swallowed and waved Dan over. He walked over to me and wrapped an arm around my waist. "Giselle, this is my boyfriend, Daniel." I looked down at the ground.

"It's nice to meet you, Miss." Dan smiled and stuck out his hand.

"Boyfriend?" Giselle asked with shock written all over her face.

"Yeah. For 7 months now." I smiled.

"Charlotte, why am I just now hearing about this?"

"Giselle, I lived in London for a year. I've had a boyfriend before."

"But,"

"Just drop it." I snapped. She nodded. "Take me to dad, please." I said, grabbing Dan's hand. Giselle nodded and led me and Dan to my dad's hospital room.