Chapter 16

Charlotte's POV

"Charlotte, wake up." Dan said, lightly shaking me.

"No." I mumbled.

"We have a flight to catch. Come on." He pulled the blanket off me.  I sat up and looked at him.

"The funeral!"

"You smoked a crap ton of weed. I let your mum know that you were feeling a bit ill." He replied.

"Oh. How's my mom?"

"I don't know. They haven't gotten back from the lunch." Dan said, standing up. I nodded and stood up myself.

"What time is the flight?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"We have to leave here at 2:30. Check in is at 3:00. The flight is at 4:35." He said, grabbing the suit case. I looked at my watch. 1:30. An hour. We have an hour.

"Can we stop by the dinner so we can say bye? We don't have to. They know we're leaving." I looked up at him. He seemed really pissed. I shouldn't have smoked that weed.

"Charlotte, if we stop by there we'll be there for a while. And, I really don't want to buy another ticket."

"All you had to say is no." I said, changing into comfortable clothes. I threw my clothes in my suitcase and zipped it up.

"You were in here for multiple hours doing only you know what. When I came in here you were high. I'm surprised you weren't drunk." Dan said, changing out from his funeral clothes into something comfy.

I looked at him with shock.

"Daniel, I don't drink! And, you know that!! Yes. I used to smoke weed. Do I do it now? No. This was the first time I have smoked I over 5 years. As soon as I get back to London, I was going to move on." I yelled. Dan didn't respond. He just grabbed his suitcase and left.

"Dan!" I called chasing after him. He stopped and turned around.

"Here. Take your ticket. I'm going to go wait." Dan said, handing me my ticket. I took it and he left. I looked down at the ticket and then went back in. I quickly finished packing and hailed a taxi. As soon as one came, I climbed in and gave the driver the address to where the dinner for the funeral was being held.

Me>Giselle: I'm getting ready to leave. Tell mom and Em to be waiting outside the restaurant.

Giselle>Me: okay. See you.

I threw my phone back into my backpack and waited to get to the restaurant.

Me>Dan: listen, I didn't know what I was doing. I was tired.

The driver stopped and I paid. My mom, Emilia, her boyfriend, Giselle, and Jacob were all standing in front of the restaurant.

"I'll be right back." I told the driver and got out. I walked over to them. My mom was the first to approach me.

"Sorry." I whispered in her ear.

"It's okay." She nodded.  I pulled away from her and then hugged Emilia, then her boyfriend, then Giselle, and then Jacob.

"I cant stay... I can't stay long. I need to be at the airport in a half hour." I nodded and looked at my watch.

"Where's Daniel?" My mom asked.

"He had to get a few things from the store." I lied.

"Oh. Tell him we said bye." My nodded. Giselle and Jacob were whispering something and then looked at me.

"Jacob and I have to tell you something." Giselle smiled slightly.

"What?" I looked at her, and then at Jacob.