Chapter 5

(Charlotte's out fit for her date)

Well, tonight's the night Dan is taking me out for dinner. He didn't exactly tell me where he was taking me. But, I guess that's okay. He wanted it to be a surprise. It's been two days since we planned this night.

Dan>Me: care to let me in, Charlotte?

I smiled and went to the door.

Me>Dan: you're here early. ;)

I pulled the door open. Dan was standing there, wearing black skinny jeans, a kitten t-shirt, and a black jacket.

"You look nice." He smiled and held out his hand.

"Thank you. And so do you." I said, grabbing his hand. He carefully pulled me out of my apartment. I fell right into his chest. I made a soft "Oof" noise.

"Oops. So sorry." Dan chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"Let me lock my door." I said.

"Ok." He smiled.

"Dan, you have to let me go." I laughed.

"Oh. Sorry." He smiled and let me go. I smiled at him and quickly went back in to my apartment and grabbed my key. I walked back out, pulled the door closed, and locked it.

"Ready?" Dan asked.

"I am ready." I said, putting my keys and phone in my purse. Dan grabbed my hand ad we went off.

"What are we doing?" I asked, as we walked down the street.

"There's a nice restaurant just down the street."

"I hope it's not too expensive." I chuckled lightly.

"It's not. Phil and I get lunch here all the time." Dan laughed. We walked down the street.

"Here. It's here." Dan said, pointing at a small restaurant. It was a small, little restaurant that served Italian food..

"Not expensive my ass. Dan, this place is spendy." I looked up at him.

"Don't worry about it, Charlotte." Dan smiled. He pulled the door open and motioned for me to walk in. He followed behind.

"Hello. Welcome to The Olive Seed. Do you have a reservation?" The hostess asked, looking at Dan.

"Oh. Yes. Howell." Dan said, with a soft smile.

"Right this way." She said, grabbing two menus. Dan and I followed. She placed the menus down on a table and left. Dan let go of my hand and pulled out the chair for me.

"Thank you." I smiled and sat down. Dan nodded and sat across from me. I looked at him and smiled.

"Isn't this place a little fancy for a first date?"

"No. I think it's perfect for a first date." He smiled. I nodded. Dan's chocolate brown eyes looked at my face. I couldn't help but smile.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing. It's just, I haven't been on a nice date in a few years. You're just being so kind. And, I know you're going to make a video about this."

"Charlotte, I wasn't going to make a video with out your permission." Dan said, grabbing for my hand. I had it set on the table. I let him hold it and I held his.

"Maybe... Maybe wait a little while before you make one." I suggested.

"Okay." He smiled and nodded. "I am fine with that."

We talked for a little bit before our waiter came to us.

"Hello. I'm Robert, I'll be you server for the night. How about we start off with drinks." He asked, looking at the two of us.