Chapter 18

"Charlotte, we missed your birthday. And Valentine's Day is tomorrow, let's do go something." Dan said, sitting down next to me in the office.

"Are...are you sure?" I asked, closing my laptop. I still had something's to confirm for my novel. The publisher wants to meet with Dan and I soon to finish and finally confirm everything. I'm nervous and excited about it becoming a really real book.

"Yeah. Just us. You. Me. Dinner."

"Dan, where would we even go? It's the night before Valentine's Day. We won't be able to get a reservation any where. What do you propose we do?" I turned my chair so I was facing him.

"Who says I don't have anything planned?" He smiled.

"Knowing you, you don't have anything planned." I responded back, moving to the ground in front of him.

"How do you know?!" He smiled and grabbed my hand.

"Because! I know you. Do you want to know what I would like to do?"

"Tell me. Tell me what you want to do for Valentine's Day."

"Here's what I want to do. I want to stay in, order a pizza or Chinese, watch a movie with that food, and then maybe have sex on the couch or the floor of the living room or somewhere in the kitchen, or the hall or in bed, where ever as long as it's with you. That's only if you don't have plans." I slowly crawled on to his lap and whispered into his ear.

"Wh-what...what about...what about Phil?" Dan stuttered over his words. I smiled and kissed him.

"I'll send him out. You don't have to worry about Phil." I kissed both of his cheeks.

"D-d-does he know?"

"No. Dan, he does not know. Nor will he ever know." I said with a sly smile. "Is that understood, Daniel?" I asked in a loud whisper. He nodded vigorously. "Good." I kissed his lips.

"Yeah. Good." Dan nodded lightly. I looked at him.

"Please don't propose tomorrow." I said, laying my head on his shoulder. "It's a thing people do on V-Day. People think it's romantic. But, I don't think it is."

"No. I wasn't going to. Don't worry." He kissed my head. "But, I will eventually." He quickly added.

"I know that." I laughed. "I have to finish up with my book." I stood up. But, Dan pulled me back down to the floor with him.

"You can do it later." He whispered.

"Daaannn," I whined, "I don't care horny you are. I need to finish. You get your book... I get mine." I wiggled out of his grip. He let out a sigh of frustration and stood up, pulling me to my feet.

"Sorry, Dan." I quickly pecked his lips and sat back at my desk. Dan groaned and walked out of the office.
__________________________________________________________

"Phil, can we talk for a second?" I asked, lightly knocking on his bedroom door. He pulled the door open and looked down at me.

"Yeah." He nodded. He moved out of the way and I walked in. He patted on his bed. I smiled and sat next to him.

"Can you... Can you possibly go out tonight?" I paused. "I'll pay for anything you do." I added. He looked at me and smiled.