Ch. 38 Aftermath

I laid in bed with Jake for hours.

He didn't say anything. He just laid beside me. He didn't move. He didn't make a sound. He just laid there, staring at the ceiling.

I looked at the ceiling for a while, but I was getting bored. I was getting tired of my thoughts, tired of seeing Peter under the paddles and seeing Kelly cry. I couldn't deal with thinking of it anymore. It was killing me.

"Jake?"

He didn't say anything. He didn't move.

I looked at him. I put my hand on his chest.

He still didn't move.

I sighed.

The silence was overbearing. It was suffocating.

I leaned up and kissed his jaw.

His mouth opened, but nothing came out.

I kissed him again.

He let out a long breath. He reached down and took my chin between his fingers. He lifted my chin upward and gave me a kiss. He deepened it.

I could feel the need in his kiss. He needed this, needed me.

I moved over him.

He pulled the tie on my pants.

I took my pants off and quickly undid his. I moved them down his legs.

Neither of us said anything.

Jake took my waist. He took a deep breath and moved me onto him. He moaned.

I ran my hands through his hair and gave him a kiss. I needed him to know he wasn't alone, that I was there for him. I knew he needed me. He was there when my father died and I was there for him.

When he released, he cried out and held me to him. Not even a second later, a sob escaped his lips.

I looked up at him.

Tears rushed down his face as another sob escaped his lips. He covered his mouth as sob after sob escaped his mouth.

I moved off of him and pulled him into my arms.

He cried into my chest, gripping my shirt as if his life depended on it.

I rubbed his back and repeatedly kissed his head. I felt my heart breaking as he began to shake in my arms. I felt so bad for him, but I also felt so helpless.

After a few minutes, he began to calm down. He took a deep, shaky breath and kissed my clavicle.

I continued to rub his back.

There was a knock on the door. Vanessa spoke, "Sgt. Major has a visitor."

"We'll be down in a minute."

I pulled back from Jake. "Do you need help getting dressed?"

"No, I'm okay."

I nodded and removed my top. I changed into a black tunic and leggings.

Arms wrapped around me from behind. "You didn't finish."

"What?"

"The sex. You didn't finish."

"It's okay. I'm fine," I spoke, placing a hand over his.

"Let me help," he whispered. He slipped his hand down my leggings, allowing his fingers to find me.

I backed into him, moaning.

"I've got you," he whispered, tightening his grip on me. His fingers pumped, swirling. He had no trouble making me weak at the knees.