*4*Unforeseen Love

**First edit: 02/20/16**

**Second edit: 10/09/17**

Unforeseen Love

Chapter 4

"What the hell are you doing here?" Eric stands with a smirk on his face and I can hear him trying not to laugh. Yeah, that's right, don't laugh mister!

"Surprise?" He holds his arms out in the air with a shrug of his shoulders and I just smack myself in the forehead. Of course it just had to be him. I was correct after all, it was an asshole.

"Surprise my ass." I say under my breath as I walk down the rest of the stairs and stop in front of my mother with my arms crossed.

"Um, I see that you two already know each other?" My mom suddenly questions us and Eric nods while I mumble, "Unfortunately."

"Alright. Well, let's get going shall we?" Mom leads us all out of the door and I shoot a look at Eric as I pass him going out of the house. 

We all gather into Brian's car and of course I am stuck in the small backseat next to Eric. I can feel the awkwardness between the two of us as I get in my seat. His knee ends up touching mine from the lack of space, and I can feel the heat radiating off of his body. I can't help but want to share his body heat, but I restrain myself from leaning towards him.

"Where are we eating ma?" She turns around in her seat with a huge smile on her face and I can't help but smile back. It's nice to have my normal and happy mom back.

"French Garden." Yum. My favorite restaurant. I lick my lips as I think about all of the bread sticks and yummy pastas. I hear someone groan and I look at Eric. He has a strained look on his face as he looks out the window. He must have caught me licking my lips. Ha, sucks for him. Getting turned on in a crowded car isn't really the best thing to do.

"You alright Eric?" I ask with laughter in my voice. He turns to me with a smirk.

"I'm perfect." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I gulp rather loudly. I love how we both said that nothing could happen between us against, but yet we are flirting. Yeah, this night ought to be loads of fun. Can you hear my sarcasm? I hope!

"Yum." I say quietly as we all exit the car and head into the restaurant. I can see couples waiting to be seated on the sides and I can smell the bread sticks. I sure do love this restaurant.

"Reservation for Sanders." Brian says to the waiter at the front of the restaurant and I almost thank god in my head. I love making reservations and not having to wait for a seat.

"If you will follow me please." One of the waitress' leads us to one of the tables near the back of the restaurant and seats us. I sit down in one of the chairs and scoot forward. I watch as Eric takes a seat next to me. I wonder what would happen if one of Eric's friends catches him with me. I don't think that would end well. Let's just hope that none of them show up here.

I push any thoughts from my mind and decide to take a look at the menu. Hmm, cheese ravioli sounds good to me. My usual it is. The waitress comes and takes out drink orders a few minutes into us sitting down and then leaves with a smile on her face. I wouldn't doubt it though considering that he eyes were all over Eric and his neatly pressed white button up.

"Well, how well do you and Eric know each other Zack?" My mom suddenly asks as she takes a sip of her drink and then eyes me.

"Uh, pretty good I guess. We usually get along well. Don't we Eric?" I make sure to add loads of sarcasm in my voice but my mom being my mom, doesn't seem to notice and smiles at my answer. Eric just hesitantly nods his head and takes a drink of his pop.

"That's good because I have some news for you." Oh boy, I don't even want to know what she is about to say. They are moving in aren't they? God must really hate me.

"Brian and Eric are moving in this weekend." She claps her hands together at the end and I just stare at her with a blank face.

"That's uh, that's great mom. I'll be right back." I try to sound at least a little bit excited but I fail and end up dashing in the direction of the bathroom. The mixture of the feeling that my father is finally being replaced hits me like a ton of bricks. I expected my mom to find someone else sooner or later. Don't get me wrong, I love Brian but now that they are moving in, it's all so real now. My father is gone and is being replaced. To make matters worse, today is the anniversary of his death and it's like my mom doesn't even care. Or maybe she doesn't remember. Yeah, we will go with that.

I glance at myself in the mirror and splash some water on my face. Hazel eyes stare back at me, dull and lifeless. There are bags under my eyes from lack of sleep, making me look sickly. I close my eyes, not wanting to see myself. 

"Hey, are you alright dude?" I hear a voice say and I turn around to see none other than Eric. He leans against the wall next to the sink where I now stand.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"I hardly believe that." I guess he could hear the doubt in my voice. I wipe away one of the tears that tries to make it's way down my face and look at up at him.

"Whoa. Dude, no you're not. What's wrong with you?" He moves closer to me and makes me look at him.

"Nothing. It's nothing. I'm fine." I smile at him slightly and push all fears and worry away from me. Well, I try. I just can't control the tears that fall from my eyes. Why does my life have to become like this now?!

"Shh. Calm down Zack. It's alright." I am utterly shocked when Eric comes close to me and pulls me into a hug. He pats my head with his hand and runs his fingers through my hair. His smell seems to calm me down and I pull away some.

I pull completely away from him as I realize that we were actually hugging. No kissing, nothing sexual, but yet he's being nice? 

 I sniffle a little and use my sleeve to wipe my eyes, pulling away from him. He bites his bottom lip, staring at me with a slight smile. My mind can't help but prepared for the worst. I don't trust him.

"Are you okay now?" He questions as I turn to face the mirror, making sure I don't like a nut case. I can see that my eyes are slightly red but I ignore it. Hopefully mom doesn't notice.

"Yeah. I think I'm good now. I was just thinking too hard." He nods and I turn and head towards the door. Before I can pull it open, he pulls me back into his chest and slams his lips down on mine. I kiss him back right away and then pull away with a blush on my cheeks.

"Now you can go." He winks at me and walks out of the door. I let out a breath and walk out behind him. Why does my life have to be so complicated?