Chapter 33

Chapter 33

*BELLA’S POV*

I really should have thought this through before I ran from the house alone. I can’t even track her. I don’t even know where she is.

But I will.

I tried to stretch my shield far, hoping to see a little sparkle above Autumn’s head. But it was a bit more challenging to use my shield; it was resisting, in a way.

I had been running, searching every inch of the area, looking for that pathetic girl. She had to be hiding something big; no vampire shows up a newborn with no thirst.

Well except me. I consider myself an exception, since I waited for this life for so long.

Finally I just got fed up of looking. She can come to me!

“Autumn!” I called out. A light rain had begun to fall, and I could hear every drop hit every leaf above my head.

No reply.

“Autumn, I know you’re there. You messed up, in you’re big devious plan. You dropped my shield long enough for Alice to see you.” I was waiting for the slightest movement around me, a small sign she was going to come to me.

“Well isn’t that a pity.” Her snobbish voice suddenly whispered behind me. I could feel her unneeded breath hitting my ear.

How did she come so close without making a sound?

I grabbed her head, and flung her to the ground in front of me. My snarls filled the air.

Autumn snapped her head at me, her red eyes flaring. She lunged at me, but I grasped her wrists and kept them away from me.

She was going for my neck. She wanted to kill me.

I smirked slightly and took both her wrists in one fist, spinning her so her back was pressed against my front, and bent her neck back, prepared to rip off her filthy little head in a second.

I lowered my teeth to her ear, and whispered, “You thought you could win?”

Autumn hissed and bared her teeth.

I bent her neck even farther, and she whimpered. “You need me alive, Bella. I know things you don’t.” She said, in a raspy voice.

“Maybe that’s true. But you know what?” I asked, with a patronizing voice.

I had the biggest smile in the universe as I dug my fingertips into her neck, and ripped her head off of her body.

“I don’t care.” I finished, throwing her limp body down.

I knew what I had to do. I had to burn her body. I quickly made a makeshift fire and threw her in it. I stayed, watching, until the last piece of Autumn was gone.

Forever.