Chapter 40

Chapter 40

I haven't done anything at all. It was like my life, my world, was frozen before my eyes. All I could do was replay my daughter being killed over and over in my head, and the evil Tanya getting away.

It wasn't fair.

Edward had brought me to the couch a little while ago. He stayed at my side constantly, asking if I needed or wanted anything. Knowing this family, he really did mean anything.

My senses were dulled. If someone wanted to kill me, I'm afraid I would let them. I don't see any near relief from this pain.

A knock at the cottage door shook me from my stare into the stale air in front of me.

"I will get it, Bella." His voice sounded a bit irritated.

I had to strain to try and smell who it was. When the stench of dog hit my nose, I knew it was Jacob.

Oh no.

Jacob doesn't know about .. About ..

I started to breathe a little heavier, and I replayed the events again in my head. The cracking sound of her neck snapping seemed like it was right in front of me, then in my ears, my mind, echoing.

Mocking.

"Bells?" Jacob's sweet voice startled me. It also distracted me from the pictures in my head.

"Keep talking." I quickly said, hoping he can save me from my terror.

An odd look appeared on his face. "Bella somethings up. What's wrong?" He sat next to me on the couch.

"I will leave you two alone." Edward unhappily said, and went upstairs.

We both know he will be listening in. Hearing me, and reading Jacob's thoughts.

"Bella.. You're really freaking me out here. I haven't seen you like this since the Volturi were on Ness' ass." Once he mentioned my daughter, his face fell. "It's about Ness, isn't it." He said, slowly.

I forced myself to nod. Right about now I was wishing I could just touch his cheek and show him what happened, but I can't. I'm restricted, and in pain.

Suddenly I remembered Edward can show him. Put thoughts in his head, so I don't have to tell him.

"Edward?" I called, with a shaky voice.

He was at my side instantly. "Yes, love?" Words quietly formed on his lips.

"Why do you need him? Bella I asked you. Not him." Jacob spat, glaring at Edward.

I don't have the strength to tell him to shut up, and stop insulting my husband.

I dropped my shield, with struggles. Looking pleadingly at Edward, I asked him to show Jacob what happened.

He sadly nodded and turns towards the confused Jacob.

Minutes pass, and at first Jacob flinched and rubbed his eyes. Realizing it was Edward showing him this, he calmed and watched. I could tell when Tanya grabbed her neck, when Jacob growled ferociously. His hands clenched into fists.

I knew he wasn't expecting this ending, though.

He screamed. Not just a scream, a scream full of pain, anger, and loss. The other half of him was now gone.