Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“Are you sure you have to leave?” Renee asked, looking heartbroken.

I hugged her gently. “Jacob needs us, Mom.”

He sighed. “I always knew those motor bikes were bad. Poor boy, breaking his leg like that. It’s good he has Dr. Cullen.” My mom gushed.

I smiled. “Yeah, Mom. I’ll miss you.”

Renesmee tugged at Renee’s pant leg. “Grammy?”

Renee smiled at me, then bent down. “Yes, sweetie?”

“I love you.” Her soft angel-like voice said.

Renee squealed, and hugged my daughter tight. “I love you so much, honey!”

The plane ride went by fast. Well, at least for me. Edward was pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger, stressing.

“Edward, everything will be okay. It always is.” I soothed.

“We’re being threatened. Again.” He said under his breath.

I sighed. “Edward…”

He looked up at me, and saw my sad face. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t apologize for anything. Nothing is your fault.”

He smiled briefly. “I love you.”

I smiled, and kissed his cheek. “As I love you.”

“We have to think of something -- fast.” Edward ordered as we barged through the door.

I picked up Renesmee and carried her into her room.

“Momma?” She asked, her voice sounding tired.

“Yes?”

“What’s happening?”

I thought about that. What is happening? I don’t really know. “What’s happening, is a little girl needs to sleep.” I said gently, kissing Nessie’s forehead as I tucked her in.

She yawned. “Goodnight momma.”

“Night baby.” I smiled, and walked out of the room silently.

“Will someone please catch me up on everything?” I asked, coming down the stairs.

Emmett laughed. “Allow me.” He began, “I went hunting on my own today. As I was passing the river by your cottage, I caught a scent. I followed it for a second, and it wasn’t familiar. But I was to thirsty to concentrate -- and I went back to hunting.”

“Who’s scent was it, then?” I asked.

“We don’t know. We needed you two to follow the scent, in case it was a trap, and we would need your assistance.”

“Enough said. Lets go.” Edward said, leaving the house.

“What about Nessie?” I asked.

We all stopped.

“I’ll be close enough to hear her mind if she wakes up.” I heard Edward say, from the forest.

I nodded, and followed him, with the rest of the family.