Chapter 16

Chapter 16

The quiet, soothing rhythm of Nessie’s music filled the room as I watched her sleep.

I love her so much. She’s everything I could have ever asked for and more.

I smiled, and smoothed her red shiny hair.

She’s so beautiful. She looks like she’s around fourteen now. I can’t believe how fast she grows, it’s unbelievable. Her honey golden eyes were closed, and her mouth is slightly open. I can hear her heart beat.

I slowly pull her hand up to my face, and I watch her dreams like a movie.

Her dreams mostly consist of pictures of Jacob now. I’ve been dreading that. I can’t be mad at Jacob for imprinting, though. He can’t control it.

But I know inside, somewhere deep, deep, inside, that Jacob is the perfect match for Renesmee. I just don’t want to see my little girl grow up.

I’m not ready to see her grown up, having boyfriends and all that. And I know that once she gets serious with Jacob that Edward is going to say the same thing Charlie told me, “You’re too young.”

I know Nessie well enough to know that she’s going to say that Edward and I were young.

I sighed, and lowered her hand down.

I love her so much…

“Hey Bells.” Jacob said, after I opened the door to the main house.

“Hi Jake!” I hugged him, and smiled at the pleasant warmth.

He grinned. “Wanna come hang with me and Seth?”

I smelled Seth somewhere in the distance. “Why isn’t he with you? I thought he loved us.” I laughed.

“He has a zit.” Jacob chuckled.

I laughed. “Hi, Seth!” I called, knowing he would hear.

I heard a bark from far away.

Jake smiled. “Come on, Bells.” He started to walk towards his motorcycle.

“Edward, I’m going with Jake! Love you!” I yelled, then hopped onto the back of the bike.

“How’s Nessie?” Jake asked, once the roaring bike stopped, in the thick of the forest.

I bet Jacob just wants to know if she’s old enough for him yet. I sighed.

“What’s wrong, Bells?” He asked, placing a giant warm hand on my shoulder.

“We need to talk.”

His face changed to serious instantly. “About?”

I climbed up a tree, and heard him follow me. I perched myself on a branch, next to him. “You and Nessie.”

He sighed. “Look, Bella, theres no need for a romantic relationship between me and Ness. I’ll be her big brother, if that’s what she wants.”

I stopped him. “But she wants a romantic relationship, Jake.” I said softly.

His eyes widened. “She does?”

I nodded. “Yeah.”

He hesitated before speaking. “Are you okay with that?”

I looked him in the eyes. “I have no choice. I know that you’ll be perfect for her, Jake.”

He smiled slightly. “Thanks, Bella. I just wish Eddie would be as understanding as you.” He snickered.

I smiled, too. “I’ll talk to him.” My face went back to serious. “How are we going to tell her that you imprinted?”

“Does she know what that is?”

“Yes.”

He rubbed the back of his neck with his palm. “I think I should tell her.”

“I agree.”

He pulled me into a hug. “I love you, Bella.”

I smiled, and hugged him back. “Love you too, Jake.”