Chapter 48

Evening Sun

Chapter 48

Edward picked me up bridal style and carried me up the staircase, keeping his cold lips against mine as he went up.  His hands were squeezed on my waist, keeping me in place against him.  He’s still so protective over me, even though I’m not some delicate little human anymore.  I traced my tongue along his lower lip and he opened his mouth.

He laid my back down on our bed gently, and crawled over me, kissing my collarbone.  I wrapped my small legs around his waist, clinging myself to his rock hard body.  I could feel the coldness of both our bodies flowing through me, and I kissed him back quickly.

Edward started to unbutton my shirt, but when he realized it would have taken too long to undo every button, he groaned and just ripped it off of me.  He moved his mouth to suck at my neck.  Arching my back in reaction, I let out a small moan, closing my eyes.  Edward’s fingers quickly unbuttoned his own shirt and he tossed it away, across the room.  

His mouth went lower than my neck, and I found myself gasping, tugging at his perfect hair.  

I heard a rip, and I looked down only to see my dark jeans ripped away from my legs.

“Alice isn’t going to be happy...”  I whispered breathlessly, letting a giggle slip out of my mouth.  My fingers tugged in his perfect bronze hair.

“Let her be.”  I heard a smile in his soft, gentle voice.  He ran his hands over every crevice on my body, and I let out all my breath in one gust of emotion.

“Edward...”  I said softly, almost whispering.  I opened my eyes for a second to see the ceiling, and the small dust particles floating about.  Looking ahead of me, my Edward’s eyes were so focused and content.  When he glanced up, I could see they were black.

He squeezed my hip in his hand and traced down my stomach with his tongue.  “I love you...”  Edward let out, kissing below my bellybutton.

I clenched my stomach muscles without even thinking about it.  My back arched, and my toes curled.  My head started to swarm with memories of Edward.  When he told me about his top ten favorite nights with me.

When we were in his house alone, while the rest of the family was hunting.  He even put a beautiful golden bed right in the middle of his room.

But I remember his favorite night was when I said yes to him, when he proposed.

Flashes of images and memories flooded my mind.  But the faces of Edward slowly morphed into the tanned face of the wolf I grew up with.

Jacob Black.

I imagined Jacob above me, instead of my husband.  

My words were barely audible.  “I love you too, Jake...”