Chapter 27

Chapter 27

*RENESMEE’S POV*

What am I supposed to say to this? Will I be punished if I deny Aro?

“Join me…” Aro cooed.

I looked around the room, panicking. What about my family at home?

“Nessie, child, I can see you are hesitant. Please tell me why.”

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I can’t join them. My whole life I’ve been told how the Volturi are horrible, merciless vampires.

“My family.” I looked down towards my shoes.

“They are different from you. You have so much potential, and they are just normal vampires. They haven’t even come to get you, Renesmee. They don’t even care.”

When Aro spoke the last word, the word I will never believe, I exploded.

“Don’t care!? You think my family doesn’t care!? No, Aro, you don’t care! All you do is kill people, without second chances, you only want me to join you so you can be more selfish and powerful! So NO, Aro!” My words echoed through his giant castle-like home.

Aro’s features stayed calm throughout my rampage. “You are just scared. Scared to have power. Scared to win.

I couldn’t speak another word, before Aro did.

“Jane.” He ordered.

I smiled, thinking that the pain wouldn’t affect me, because my mom always blocks it.

But she’s not here.

I screamed out in pain, falling to the floor.

*BELLA’S POV*

I heard Alice scream from the next room.

I bounded into the kitchen, where she was, and saw Alice. Her eyes were glazed over.

A vision.

I didn’t want to interrupt her, so I didn’t move her.

Jasper pushed past me and shook Alice’s shoulders.

Alice’s eyes returned to their normal golden color. “Bella!” She gasped.

“Yes? What was it Alice?” I asked. It was probably news about Nessie. I prepared myself for the worst.

“She… she…” A vampire can’t talk? Is it that bad?

“She’s joined the Volturi.”