Chapter 25

Hey!  I just wanted to tell you that I'm writing a new book, it's called "My Life as a Teenage Superhero"  Don't worry, I'm still writing Pirate Girl :) but I was wondering if you guys could read it, and tell me what you think?  I'm not sure if I should keep writing it, so let me know!

Lilo's P.O.V.

I woke to the sound of an anchor being splashed into the water.  I leaped out of bed, and ran to the deck.  We were docked in a large city, filled with skyscrapers, lights, and lots and lots of McDonalds.  Yup, definatly America!

I saw that Emily was already on the deck, and she smiled at me, happiness in her eyes, and I knew that I wasn't the only one glad to be back.

The air was filled with shouts, as the crew prepared to get onto the ground, and I looked over the side, and saw that a crowd of onlookers was staring at our ship in disbelief.  Well, I guess you don't see a pirate ship everyday, so I couldn't blame them.

I laughed, and hurried back to my room, changing out of my pajamas and into some clothes.  Not wanting to miss anything, I ran back onto the deck, and saw that half the crew was already swinging from ropes to the ground.

I looked over the edge, and saw that Emily, Kierstan, and Kaelin, Gale, and Jacob were already on the ground, and I grabbed a rope, swinging down to join them.

I saw the twins and the boys looking around them, like they'd never seen anything like it before.  Which, I reminded myself, they hadn't.

I giggled at the amazed looks on their faces, and after answering their millions of questions, me and Emily led them over to where the rest of the crew was waiting. 

"Alright, at this moment, we're at Gulf Shores."  my dad explained to everyone.  "Since there's not a big enough dock at Dauphin Island for our ship, we'll need to take the ferry."

I snickered, and I saw Emily fighting back a laugh as well.  Here we were, a whole crew of pirates, and instead of using our own ship, we were taking the ferry.

The rest of the crew didn't see anything funny about this, and they stared at my dad intently, waiting for him to continue.

He held up a map, and unfolded it, showing it to the crew.  "This shows where the treasure is on the island.  Now, this is going to be trickier than finding any old treasure, because this time, there will be tourists."

I realized that he was right- Dauphin Island was a huge tourist attraction, and it would be kind of hard not to draw attention to ourselves.

"So, here's what we're going to do."  my dad continued, still using his authoritive voice.  "We're going to split up into groups of under ten people.  That'll arouse less suspicion than if all of us went, because there's about a hundred of us."

The crew started dividing into groups, and I got in a group with Emily, Gale, Jacob, and the twins.

Since we were the youngest and most innocent looking, my dad had told us to go on the ferry first.  Right now, we were sitting on a bench, next to the area the ferry was scheduled to be in twenty minutes.

"How do they get the buildings to be so tall?"  Gale asked for the fiftieth time, and I explained once again, the whole concept of how skyscrapers were built.

Hey, I know it was boring, but it passed the time, and I had to admit that it was kind of fun answering their dumb questions.  Before we knew it, the ferry had arrived.

It was a medium sized boat that looked like it could fit about 50 people.  Before anyone else got the good seats, we hurried on, sitting down at the very front.  It didn't take long to board, and soon the ferry was pulling away from the dock.  We watched as the small island in the distance grew closer and closer, and in no time, we were stepping off onto another dock, but this one was at Dauphin Island.

We walked on the busy sidewalk, everybody in the group except for me and Emily were all gaping at their surroundings, wide eyed.

"I didn't even know there was this many people in the world!"  Kaelin breathed, and I chuckled.

"If you think this is a lot of people, go to Miami sometime, and you'll be completly blown away!"  I told her, and she looked even more surprised, like she doubted that there could be any more people in one place than there was here.

My dad had given each group $50.00, so that we could get food, and try to blend in while we waited for the other groups to show up.  So, of course, we did the most reasonable thing anybody would do if they had a big wad of cash on Dauphin Islad.

We got Dairy Queen.

I smiled, thinking about how long it had been since I'd last had ice cream.  Years.  Me and my mom hadn't been able to eat out a lot, because of our lack of money.  Now, here I was, eating my favorite thing on the menu, a Brownie Earthquake!

Slowly, more groups from the crew started piling out, and by about 5:00, we had already checked out most of the town, and all of the crew had gotten to the island.  It was really funny, actually, the way all of the pirates stared at the people, like they were aliens.

The map showed that the treasure was supposed to be on the beach, so we decided to hang out there until the people cleared out for the night.  It was about 8:00, and the beach was still full.

I sat on the sand, twirlilng a tiny seashell around my fingers, when suddenly a little crab crawled out.

I jumped back, barely holding in a scream, as the crab crawled up my arm.  I was scared that if I moved, it would pinch me.  It was crawling closer and closer towards my face.

Oh, what the heck?  I started flinging my arm around, trying to knock it off, but it grabbed onto my shirt, and wouldn't let go.

I was about to scream for help, when suddenly I heard muffled laughter from behind me.  I was being attacked by a crab, how was this funny?

I turned around angrily, and saw Gale and Trent watching me, laughing openly now.  I stomped up to them, and with as much dignity as I could muster with a crab hanging off my shirt, I demanded, "Stop laughing, and help me!"

Reluctantly, Trent pulled the crab from my shirt, still laughing.  Finally, after he'd gotten control of his laughter, he asked me, "How late are these beaches open, anyway?" 

"How am I supposed to know?"  I grumbled, still mad that he'd laughed at me.

Not knowing how to figure out how long we had to wait until the people left, the three of us went and looked at a large sign, that read, "BEACH OPENS AT 6:00 AM, CLOSES AT 11:59 PM" 

"It closes at midnight."  I informed them, and Gale gave me a "no duh" look, before asking some lady if he could borrow her watch.

We discovered that it was 11:55, and we quickly ran off to tell the rest of the crew.  In the blink of an eye, all the pirates went and hid in the bushes in palm trees, until the security guards went to check that there was nobody on the beach.

When the guards were satisfied that the beach was empty (nobody was found-pirates are good hiders) they left, and slowly, the crew all filed out from their different hiding spaces, onto the now deserted beach, ready for treasure hunting.

*************************************************************************************************************

Sorry it's short!  I've been really busy today :)  So, vote if you like it, because my votes aren't as high:(  I'll try to upload tomorrow! LOVE U GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!