Earlier that day...

Lilo P.O.V.

"Lilo, honey, it's time to wake up." I groaned and covered my head with my pillow. I had a very good reason for not wanting to get up today. One word- exams. Just the thought sent a chill up my spine.

 I hated testing, more than anything else in the world. The time limit, the teacher staring at you, and that pressure to do good- and I had been dreading these exams for months.

 I finally lifted my head a tiny bit off my pillow, and my eyes searched for my clock. My sleepy mind had a hard time figuring out what it said, and when I read it at last, my mouth dropped open.

 HOLY CRAP!!!! I thought wildly as I launched myself out of bed, threw on some clothes, brushed my teeth in record time, and flew downstairs. It was 7:25, only five minutes until my bus left!

 I ran to my bus stop, panting and trying hard to breathe.

"LILO STEWART!" My best friend Emily scolded me, "What took you so long? I was worried to death! I thought you had gotten sick on exam day!" She continued her rambling as we walked onto the bus.

Her eyes opened wide on horror as she exclaimed "You would have had to take the exam all by yourself tomorrow, while we were all having fun!"

 Yes, Emily is a drama queen, but even I had to admit that the idea didn't sound very good to me either. I shuddered as I pictured myself stuck all alone in a room with our awful teacher Ms. Raven, trying desperatly to finish my exams while she blabbered on and on about her cats. Nope, that didn't sound very good at all.

As I started to imagine the exam, the horrible feeling that I was going to do terrible came back. Oh my gosh, why didn't I study longer!!!! I should have studied, and now-

"Hello, Earth to Lilo!!" Lilo practically screamed into my ear.

 "I said, why do you look like you're freaking out? Are you sure you're feeling OK?"

"I'm fine, Emily,"  I almost whispered. "It's just that.. You know I have to do good on this test. My mom will be be heartbroken if I don't. And I really wish I would have studied! Now I'm probably gonna fail. Gosh, I really hate my life right now."

I turned and to my surprise, I saw Emily shaking her head in disbelief. "But Lilo, you have a great life! You're beautiful, you have the best mom in the world, you have like the coolest name EVER, and I know you'll make a great grade on the exams."

See, this is why Emily is my best friend. She gives the best speeches in the entire world, even though I know she exaggerated a lot on this one.

 She knows that I don't have a perfect life, not at all. Me and my mom don't have much money, and a lot of times Mom has to work long into the night just to be able to pay for our rent.

 And beautiful? I'm not saying I'm ugly or anything, and with my long, curly black hair, blue eyes, and long lashes, I could even say that I was kind of pretty. But beautiful, I don't think so.

 Oh, and I can't forget that comment she made about my name.  Personally, I hate my name. I mean, Lilo Stewart? What kind of name is Lilo???

In case you're wondering, it's the same name as the little girl off Lilo and Stitch

. My mom says she named me that because the color of my eyes reminded her of the ocean, and the name Lilo reminds her of Hawaii, but I always thought that it was just plain stupid.

 "You're the most awesome person in the whole world Em, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I really think you've gone insane" I told her with a grin.

 Em smiled back, but all she said was, "One day, Lilo, you're going to realize just how lucky you are."