Chapter 16

Gale's P.O.V.

I woke up with a throbbing headache, still in the strange bed that I'd never seen before.  Actually, I don't remember seeing ANYTHING before.

The only thing I can remember before I was put in this room full of people I didd't know was falling towards the ground, worrying about someone else's safety besides my own.  That's the problem-I didn't even remember who I was so worried about.

I had woken up with a killer headache, on the deck of a ship, with people swarmed around me with worried expressions on their faces.  Some girl with black hair had ran up to me and threw her arms around me like we were best friends, but I had no idea who she was.

Now I was laying in my bed, feeling the soft rocking of the ship, and praying that I could remember anything.

I had been starting to recognize some people-like that girl Lilo.  For some reason, I had the feeling that I really used to like her.

The whole boat was quiet, and silently I slipped out of my bed and tiptoed out the door.  I didn't really know where I was going, I just knew I needed to get out of that room.

Trying to make no noise, I walked onto the deck, almost holding my breath so no one would hear me breathing.

Then, from the sea, I heard a voice, and I almost jumped out of my skin.  I listened closer, and I realized it was singing.

It was the most beautiful voice I'd ever heard, and I had the feeling that they were singing just for me.

As if in a trance, I started walking towards the side, desperate to meet the owner of that voice.

One by one, I saw the other member of the crew walk onto the deck with me.  We were all listening to that wonderful voice.

Knowing what I had to do, I walked over to the lifeboats tied to the side of the ship.  Seeing what I was doing, the other men followed wordlessly.

Not a single person was talking, not even a mouse was squeaking.  Nobody wanted to interrupt the song.  That voice was the only thing that mattered.

We released the boat, and started rowing in the direction of the singing.  It was a very foggy night, and it was hard to see anything, but we kept rowing, knowing that we had to find the owner of that voice.

Out of the mist, I spotted a large rock.  Still not saying anything, I lifted up my hand, and just pointed at it.  The others saw it, and we started rowing faster, needing to get to it. 

Some men started to jump off to swim to it, wild looks in their eyes, and they were immediatly sucked under the water.

For some reason, I didn't find this strange at all.  How could I worry about THEM, when that voice sang so so beautifully, blocking all other thoughts from my head. 

Now we were close enough, and I could see who ws singing.  It was the three most beautiful people I'd ever seen, and it felt like they were looking right at me, like their smiles were meant all for me.

I smiled back happily, rowing towards them, towards my destiny.

Lilo's P.O.V.

I watched in horror as the boats got even closer to the rock, where I could see the-what had Emily said they were?  Sirens, I think-licking their lips hungrily.

As I looked closer, I saw that they really wern't beautiful at all, and I looked in disgust as their images flickered between the mermaid-like girls that had been there before, and horrible, scaly beasts, with matted feathers, and snapping teeth.