Chapter 23

Okay sorry for all the technical difficulties, but please just ignore the other chapter 23, but I accidently published it instead of save it :) OOPS!!! but anyway here it is, the full chapter!

************************************************************************************************************

Lilo's P.O.V.

I gasped as Trent led us into a giant room, that was filled with so much gold, diamonds, and rubies that it seemed to glisten in the light.  Trent, seeing my expression, chuckled softly.

"Well, what do you think we do with all the treasure we find?  Eat it?"  he teased, and I glared at him.

I walked in and sat down in one of the cushioned seats, and Emily sat next to me, looking around at the room with an amazed look on her face.

"So, we're going back to America tomorrow."  I whispered to Em, hoping that Trent or anyone else didn't hear.

Ever since Trent had told me where we were going, I had started forming a plan in my head.  There was no way in the world that I was going to waste an oppurtunity like this, having the chance to escape and go back to my ship, and not do anything about it!

"That's your planning voice, Lilo."  Emily accused me, looking at me with concern written on her face.

I smiled evily, and was about to speak, when I was cut off by the clatter of plates, as about twenty people walked in, dressed as waitors, and carrying big platters of food.  I felt my mouth water, and I muttered to Emily, "I'll tell you later."  as I eyed a big chuck of chicken, that was being carried our way.

I grabbed a plate, and in seconds had piled a huge mountain of food on it.

Trent was talking about what they would do in America, but I was too wrapped up in my mashed potatoes to listen to him.  Yes, I know, I have a sad obsession with food.

I was just about to try the chocolate cake, when I heard my name, and I snapped my head up, listening.

"My sources on their ship have told me that Lilo and Emily were abducted in America, so they might know the place some.  They'll be a big help, when it comes to blending in."

"Woah, woah, woah,"  I interupted loudly, causing the whole table to look at me in shock.  I guessed that nobody had ever dared to talk while Trent was, but he didn't seem to mind, he just looked at me curiously, asking "What's wrong?"

"Well, buddy, there's a lot of things wrong!"  I grunted.  For one, what "sources" are you talking about?  Are there spies on our ship?"  I looked at him suspicously.

Trent laughed, and informed me "Well, if I told you, they wouldn't be spies anymore, would they?"

I muttered "Good point."  before continuing.  "Second, why do you automatically assume that we know the place?  Sorry to break it to you, but I haven't exactly been on a nationwide tour of America!"

He shrugged, like it was no big deal.  "I never said that you knew that town, but you know how the people act, how they talk, what they wear, all that.  We wouldn't exactly blend in at America right now, would we?"

I realized that again, he had a point.  The clothes they wore, their accents, even their way of talking, it was all different from Americans.

"Fine!  We'll help you blend in.  But..."  I trailed off, an idea forming in my mind.  The whole table was staring at me, waiting for me to finish the sentence. 

My voice got stronger, and I looked directly at Trent, saying loudly "Only if you return us to our ship."

He looked at me thoughtfully, like he was considering the idea.  Finally, he answered.  "No."  he said flatly.