Wait.. did you say pirate?

Lilo P.O.V.

The timer rang loudly, telling us that after 2 hours of suffering, the tests were finally over.

  I punched my fist in the air happily, and along with the other kids, I ran towards the cafeteria for lunch.  Settling down in my seat, I breathed a sigh of relief. 

 "That is way too much testing for them to put us through."  I groaned to my friend, Natalie.  "We're only 15! This is child cruelty!" 

 She just nodded, and didn't say anything.  I looked at her funny and said "Aren't you happy that the tests are over?" 

"Yeah," she mumbled, but I could tell that her mind was a million miles away.

 Shrugging it off, I decided to change the subject.  "Hey, have you seen Emily" I asked, and I could hear that my voice was full of worry.

  Emily was never late for lunch.  It was her favorite part of the day, and it would take a lot to make her miss it. 

Once again, Natalie shook her head. 

 "What's wrong Nat?"  I asked her in confusion.  She was usually happy and perky, and this is the first time I've seen her go at least 30 seconds without laughing about something. 

"Nothing", she said, looking down at her hands.  "It's just... that whole deal with the pirates is kinda creepy, don't yah think?"  I looked at her in surprise, and I saw that her eyes were full of fear. 

 I had known that people were a little stirred up about this whole thing, but I had no idea it was this bad.

The rest of the day, everyone was talking about the pirates, and it was really starting to get annoying.  Even the teachers were talking about it.

  I became so sick of the whole thing that eventually I started getting mad at anybody who talked about it.   I know that I was being a real party pooper, but something about the whole thing just bothered me.

  At the end of the day, I still hadn't seen Emily.  I don't have any classes with her, so I don't know if she's even been to class. 

 As I stood outside waiting for the bus to come, I looked around me to see if she'd shown up, and sure enough, I saw her running towards me, frowning. 

 "Where have you been??"  I asked her, but she just cut me off and said, "Lilo, they're coming!  They're coming here, right now, and we need to get home!"  She was talking a hundred miles per hour in a frantic voice, and as much as I tried, I couldn't calm her down. 

"What are you talking about?" I yelled, and she finally quieted down enough to tell me her story.  "I was in the library Lilo, and I saw this link on pirates, and the reporter said that they're coming here, to our town!" 

 I groaned loudly, not even bothering to hide it.  "You don't believe me." she whispered, with her eyes full of tears.  "We're in danger, Lilo." 

 "Yeah, sure." I mumbled to myself.  In danger of who, Captain Hook?" 

 Emily looked furious that I didn't take her seriously, and we sat in silence the whole way back.

As we stepped off the bus, I couldn't help but feel happier as I breathed in the sea breeze.  When I said that I lived by the ocean, I meant it. 

Our backyard is the beach, and we have a huge ship dock right by my neighborhood.  I can sit there for hours, just staring at the ships coming into and leaving the dock, and there's not a better feeling in the whole world.

  Me and Emily live right by eachother, so, still is silence, we began the long way back to our houses.  The only thing out of the ordinary that I saw was a strange boat in the dock that I haven't seen before.

  I examined it from a difference, and I chuckled to myself as I realized what it looked like-a pirate ship.  Wow, I was really letting all that buzz about pirates get to my head. 

 Emily, on the other hand, didn't think it was funny.  To my astonishment, she turned and started marching towards the ship. 

"Where are you going?"  I shouted, trying to be heard through the loud wind. 

 "You don't believe me that there's pirates?  I'm going to get you proof." she responded. 

I considered trying to talk her out of it, but I knew just by her voice that she wasn't changing her mind.  I raced after her, and before long we were standing right in from of the large boat.

  I sat in the grass as I watched Em poke around the ship, trying to find something she could use against it.  After she decided that she couldn't find anything, she walked slowly back to me, her eyes down. 

 "I'm sorry Lilo", she said in an ashamed voice.  "I really thought that there were pirates, and I didn't mean to waste your time.  I feel so stupid!" 

 I gave her a hug and said, smiling, "It's ok! I'm just glad you're finally over all this pirate crap."  We turned and started to walk home together, but then I felt a hand clamp over my mouth.

  "Well, look who's prowlin' around me ship," a deep voice said in my air.   "It looks like we have ourselves a little problem."

  I struggled as I felt my arms being tied behind my back, and I tried to scream, but it was no use.  My mouth was gagged and the dock was completely empty anyway. 

 Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Emily being tied, and the next thing we knew, we were being dragged onto the ship.  We were pulled across the deck, and into a dark, stuffy room, where we were laid down in the darkness. 

 I strained my neck in a desperate attempt to see my kidnapper, and to my horror, I saw a one eyed, filthy pirate staring right back at me.