Chapter 14-I'm scared

Hi guys! Sorry for the slow upload but I had such terrible writers block, as I really need to get the next bit of this story right and I couldn't think of the best way to do it! A quick question, (the first person to tell me will get a chapter dedicated to them!)

If the Alpha has its Luna, the Beta has its ...?

Aaaaaaanyways! Here is the chapter!

Enjoy! [btw there will be a lot of pov changes]

Now you can Enjoy!

************************************************************************

BRETT'S P.O.V

Here we are! Said Alpha Jason, as I pulled up in the huge fancy drive belonging to the Water Pack. Wow. I mean, why do they even have all this space?! This isn't a pack house! It's a pack mansion! There will be no chance of running into Zach or Violet in this huge space.

Oh Violet. I have been trying to forget her, to be strong for Rose. Because I know she went through a lot more than I did, but it can be so hard sometimes. But I would never betray Rose for Violet. Never.

My wolf growled at that. Angry that I could think such things about our own mate!

~she isn't our mate. She rejected us.~

I told him, ignoring the whimpers at my harsh words. It was the truth.

"Brett I'm scared" Projected Rose.

"I don't think I can do this." I turned in my seat to face her, noticing that everyone else had gotten out of he car. I wanted to hug her tightly to my chest, breath in her sweet scent and tell her that I was terrified too. Terrified that my heart would betray my head and that it would get itself hurt again.

But I knew that I had to be strong for Rose. She needed me.

"Rose," I began,

"I know!" She interrupted. "I know what you are going to say. That I am not the same girl, yada yada ya." She looked down, "But sometimes, I feel like I haven't changed at all. That those people over there still have the power to hurt me."

"WAIT! OVER THERE!"she screeched suddenly, lookibg out the window in panic.

"OH NO! BRETT LOOK!" I looked out the window and sure enough, there was Zach and Josh, standing by the Alpha of the Water Pack.

"OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!"  Rose was breathing heavily and was in danger of passing out at this point. I was seriously considering slapping her but I decided to go with the calmer method.

"ROSE!" I shouted in her face, clapping my hands together. She looked up. "Want to go for a run to cool off for a bit?" She smiled gratefully up at me. "yeah." she replied. I leaned over the seat and tilted her chin up so that i was looking right into her hazel eyes. She smiled shyly and leant forewords, pressing her lips gently against mine. I stroked back a few lose strands of  hair from her face. Gently tucking them behind her ear, I pulled away reluctantly.

"lets go." I whispered into her ear. She blushed slightly, and nodded her head.

We got out of the truck and shifted. "We're going on a run to cool off." I projected at Alpha Jason, before bounding off into the forest after Rose.

************************************

ROSE'S P.O.V

We ran for miles. Neither of us speaking. Just lost in our own thoughts. We finally stopped at a small lake. "Shift?" Brett projected at me. I nodded my head and shifted, thankfully into full clothing though i had lost my shoes it seemed. oh well. I walked over to the lake and sat on the edge, dangling my toes in the cool water. Watching as the ripples I made, disturbed the calm water, spreading in perfect circles to the other side. Brett came and sat down next to me.