Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Past

5 years ago...

From: David Brown

Message: See the attached file

Agatha clicked the attached file and saw the picture of Apa hugging a familiar girl. She didn't respond to the e-mail. She also didn't say anything to anyone. She just kept quiet. Hindi naman siya naniniwala sa mga ganun unless the person, himself or herself, say it.

She wanted to ask Apa, but she scared she'd act like a jealous girlfriend, so she just stalked him. She stalked him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, but he was not active anymore. Kulang na lang, mag deactivate siya ng mga accounts niya.

Humiga siya sa kama niya, habang nakatingin sa ceiling. "Uncle, where are you? Do you hear me? You hear me, right? I know you're listening. I'm torn... I'm torn... Do I move on? Should I wait for him? I want to move on 'cause it hurts. I want to wait, but it also hurts."

"Recto!" Ygona knocked on her door. Almost everyday, he'd visit Ags to check if she was okay.

"Uncle, is the sign? Should I move on?"

Ygona knocked again. "Pag hindi mo 'to binuksan, papasok ako."

When she opened the door, Ygona touched both of her cheeks. "Are you okay?"

She nodded. "I'm okay."

Alam niyang may gusto sa kanya si Ygona kahit hindi sabihin ng kaibigan. Hindi niya lang alam kung anong irereact niya. Hindi niya alam kung anong sasabihin niya. Ayaw niya siyang paalisin 'cause he was her closest. Him and her cousin, Leighton.

Luke was busy with his work, brothers, and his new love interest, Bianca. She was still ignoring him due to the fact that he dated her sister and even if she didn't like what her sister did, she was still her sister.

"You just pity me," she told Luke.

"I don't."

"Just stop. I don't like you anymore, Luke."

She closed the door as she closed her heart to him. Bennie talked to her and told her if she wanted Luke, she could. Bennie said he wouldn't stop her. She knew what her sister had been through. Besides, she already had a boyfriend.

Bianca still didn't want to, but Luke never stopped pursuing her. "Why do you like me?" She asked. "Is it because your ex is my sister? Is it because I look like her?" She was too scared to get hurt. She was too scared her next boyfriend would cheat on her and get someone pregnant again.

"I like you... just because."

"I'm not good enough, Luke. Maybe now, you find me interesting, but eventually, you'll get sick of me. I love putting on make-up and if ever you see me not wearing any of it, you'll be turned-off. I'm not good enough. I don't have a good sense of humor unlike my friends, unlike ate Bennie. I love reading books and I'm practically a dork."

"You're good enough, Bianca. You just have to trust yourself more." Luke said he would wait, and he did.

Meanwhile, Apa was in trouble. Lizzie's ex-boyfriend thought he and Lizzie were together. Lizzie couldn't forgive David, her boyfriend and Feline, her best friend, so David thought the reason why she couldn't forgive them was because of Apa. Lizzie and Apa were so close, so close that everyone thought they were dating.

But she knew her limitations. She couldn't love Apa, but she did. Only her closest cousin, Kate, knew until everyone else knew.

"I'm so sorry, Yuki." She cried. "It's all my fault."

Apa shook his head. "None of this is your fault, Liz." May pasa siya dahil sa suntok ni David, pero hindi na siya nasasaktan. He believed his emotional wounds were more painful. 

"Yuki, I love you. I think, I love you."

Apa froze. He didn't expect that. "S-Sorry-"

"You don't have to say anything. It's me, it's just me."

He gently pushed Lizzie. He couldn't think of anyone, but Agatha. He still loved Agatha. Everything, for him, was about Agatha. Only Agatha. "I'm sorry, Lizzie. As much as I don't want to hurt you, I need to say this. I still love her, and when I get back, I will still love her. Sorry..."

"I know."