You understand don't you child

Serina's pov

Dream/memory

The room was quiet and cold. No light shown in through the little window. I was in the basement anyway. There wasn't a bed or a blanket or even a pillow. There was just cold, hard cement.

I was quite accustomed to this room sadly. It was pretty much reserved for me. I guess you could say I was a trouble maker, or maybe he just didn't like me. Although he also seemed to like me a little too much.

There was nothing to do in here but sit around and think. I couldn't make a lot of noise in fear of attracting him, so I just sat silently. After being stuck down here you start to lose your grip on reality. You slowly start to go insane. I guess you could say I reached that point, I reached that point a long time ago.

A key unlocking the door is what alerted me to the fact that I had company. I knew it was him. I could always tell. He smelled of blood and smoke with a hint of alcohol. It made me nauseous.

His heavy footsteps walking down the stairs at an agonizingly slow pace always scared me. He loved to torment me.

In what felt like an hour but was only a minute or two, he was next to me, leering down at me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me up the stairs. He sat on a couch and sat me down on his lap.

"Sing for me baby," he cooed into my ear.

It wasn't a request, it was an order. An order I couldn't disobey. The consequences would be catastrophic.

"What would you like me to sing?" I question softly.

His grip on me tightens slightly as he says, "You should know the song."

His breath tickles my neck and I fight the urge not to squirm as I start the song.

(Feel free to okay the provided song.)

Come little children
I'll take thee away
Into a land of enchantment
Come little children
The time's come to play
Here in my garden of shadows

Follow, sweet children
I'll show thee the way
Through all the pain and the sorrows
Weep not poor children
For life is this way
Murdering beauty and passions

Hush now, dear children
It must be this way
To weary of life and deceptions
Rest now, my children
For soon we'll away
Into the calm and the quiet

Come little children
I'll take thee away
Into a land of enchantment
Come little children
The time's come to play
Here in my garden of shadows.

~~~~

He has a big grin on his face as I finish the dark lullaby.

"You understand don't you child," a sneer present on his face, "you understand why life is like this."

I don't reply which only angers him, as he pushes me down onto the couch with his hand wrapped around my throat. He slowly adds pressure, slowly chokes me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I awake with a start, breathing heavily. I hate having these dreams. They mess with my mood. I look around to see that both Senri and Takuma are still asleep. I look to a clock to see that it is 1:30pm. With a sigh I realize that I will not be getting anymore sleep.