Kidnapped and gone

Elizabeth woke up in an unfamiliar bed, in an unfamiliar room. She heard footsteps and Snape entered with a bowl in his hand. His face didn’t look just as angry as what it had the day before. She was lying there, looking up at him. Waiting for him to embarrass her even more than what she felt now. Instead he helped her up in a sitting position, placing another pillow under her neck. “Can you eat yourself, or do I have to feed you?” He asked a smirk on his lips. Smiling she took the spoon that was leaning on the bowl of soup and took the first sip.

If she would have gotten this kind of food for about half a year ago, she would have made fun of him and spit it out in disgust. But now it literally tasted like haven. The taste of chicken meeting her with gratitude. When she had finished she felt her eyelids go heavy again, strange since she was not tired at all. The last thing she saw was Snape picking the empty bowl up from her lap with a satisfied smirk, before Snape’s drug began taking in on her and she was knocked out. Sleeping heavily with no nightmares at all.

Things became easier the next few days. Snape wasn’t the nicest person, but he didn’t act as childish as what he had before. He didn’t make her stay unpleasant, but it could have been better. She guessed there still were some hard feelings left inside of him. “Can I ask you something?” She suddenly asked her fingers around her mother’s treasure. Snape didn’t reply, but she took his silence as a yes. Staring into the flames that came from the fire place in his drare and dim lit living room.  She had gotten used to the light and now it almost felt compiling. “How did your mum die?” She asked, not thinking about her question. Just asking because it soothed her, not having any good reason. It looked like Snape was about to kill her before he growled and went out the door. Slamming it shut behind him. “Sorry.” She mumbled, after the shock of him leaving in such a hurry. To be honest, she never believed he would get this angry. Actually she had thought he wouldn’t have reacted at all.

The rest of the afternoon was quite and it ended with her for once in a lifetime actually cooking. At the end of the night she had been so hungry that she just couldn’t hold it out anymore. Elizabeth, the rich woman who had never learned how to cook, food had never been a thought that actually crossed her mind. She had grown up with getting everything she wanted, she hadn’t even bothered to learn spells about how to make dinner. It ended with her trying her best to make some toast, but instead she managed to turn the alarm on and fill the kitchen with black smoke. Snape came running down the stairs and managed to knock the fire out before it would spread. “What on earth are you doing?” He sneered angrily. “Cooking.” She mumbled, not meeting his gaze. Even thought she was almost thirty, she couldn’t help to feel like a child being caught doing something wrong. “Is This what you call cooking?” He said with irony. Holding the pan with what was left of her supper. A few burned pieces of black toast. She just pressed her lips together Snape continued on making a fool out of her, turning the same fire against her as what she had used so many times before against him.

When he had finished his long speech about how stupid and foolish she was, she mumbled in reply. “I was hungry.” The words seemed to sink in and after a few seconds in silence at the kitchen, he ordered. “Sit.” He wasn’t screaming or yelling, not really sneering either. However it was that kind of tone you wouldn’t say against and she obeyed without a word. With a wave of his wand pans and food came floating around in the kitchen and it was like invisible hands began preparing their food. Snape sat down opposite her, eying her from top to toe between the cracks in his eyes. When the food landed in front of her he spoke up. “My mother died right after I finished school.” It was the first thing Snape had said to her, without actually have to say it. “I am sorry.” She mumbled, not knowing what she was apologizing for. “Don’t pretend to care Elizabeth, we both know you don’t.” He said with a cold voice, making the numb in her stomach swell up. “At least I am trying to change!” She said with a raised voice, but felt like she already lost.

There was a knock at the door later on that night. Elizabeth was in the living room, covered by the shadows, but the fire warming her body. “Snape! Someone is outside the door!” She yelled, hearing he walk down the stairs. Only to irritate him further. Deep inside she still felt a little stabbed in the chest from Snape’s last comment. The door opened, but then everything happened so fast. There was a break before the door was slammed up and cold air filled the room. “Close the d-“ She was about to yell, but as she turned around, nobody was there. “Snape? Severus?!” She yelled, not thinking this was funny. On the floor in the hallway was the plate Snape had been holding, broken into pieces. She stared out the door, where it was no sign of any life outside.