Consider yourself forgiven

Elizabeth woke up with a gasp, sitting straight up. The memory, it was real. Again she curled together, whishing it was only a dream and it would pass by in a matter of seconds. To her surprise Snape was sitting beside her in silence. When she realized his presence he spoke. “Dumbledore asked me to keep an eye on you.” His bored cold voice ringing in her ears. She made two very small nods. Feeling rather stupid.

After a few days she was released, but wasn’t quite herself. She had shut herself down. She didn’t smile, she didn’t cry, she only got through the day. Not really caring on how she did it. The necklace that belonged to her mother was hidden in the corner of her closet. Buried under a layer of clothes.

Not taking the looks from the other teachers anymore she grabbed the invisibility cloak she had stolen so many years ago and brought it around her. Making Elizabeth Taylor disappear from everyone’s eyes. The looks she had received were worse than hatred, it was looks of sympathy. She absolutely hated it. She wanted to remain strong, it was who she was. With that she wandered the halls of Hogwarts as she had done when she had been a student.

Snape passed her in a hurry, not noticing her foot almost slipping out of her cloak. It looked like he was immerged in his own thoughts, to deeply burried that a big green and blue frog could jump in front of him and he wouldn’t notice. This had to be important. She stated to herself and soundlessly fallowed Snape up the stairs. It wasn’t before they were at the fourth floor she noticed where he was going. Dumbledore’s office.

There was a knock before he was allowed inside. The door closed shut so fast that she almost missed it and was left outside. There was a small dunk when she landed on the floor. Dumbledore’s eyes landed on the spot she was sitting on. Under the cloak and having a hand over her mouth, being so silent that she didn’t even breathe. Dumbledore looked straight into her eyes, like you would have though he knew she was there. For a split of a second she believed that to and was about to make up an excuse, but he removed his eyes from her and turned back to Snape who was waiting impertinently.

“The Dark Lord has asked me to come to a meeting.” He spoke with a calm voice, but stress underneath. Dumbledore nodded thoughtfully. “I hope I will get some more information about his plans towards the boy.” Snape spoke again. You could hear the irritation under his voice when he was speaking about Potter. Dumbledore laid a hand on Snape’s shoulder. “You are brave my friend.”

On her way back she just couldn’t stop thinking.  There was something about that meeting that didn’t fit. She found it strange that the Dark Lord wished to have a meeting with Snape in private. Snape had lost all his Lords fait…unless! Unless The Lord knew about Snape’s secrecy and his loyalty towards Dumbledore. He was going to get killed, or worse. First he was going to get tortured to insanity and then murdered. But why should she care? It wasn’t her responsibility. But as Elizabeth wandered the halls of Hogwarts she realized it was and the better part of her took over. She owned Snape her life, he had rescued her, and it was time for her to pay back the favor.

Snape left the castle at night, so nobody would notice. Then apperating to Malfoy Manor. It was a misty night, almost too dark. The air was wet and it sent shivers down his spine. Snape entered, holding his straight pale scowling mask.

“Ah Severus, how lovely of you to…come.” The voice of his Lord spoke. Lies and evilness underneath. “My Lord.” He spoke and bowed. “Severus I must say that I am not quite…pleased with your work.” Voldemort spoke. Snape swallowed, realizing he was in a dangerous position. “I have done everything in my power to please you, My Lord.” He spoke. “My Lord, my Lord, my Lord.” Voldemort imitated. “You see sources tells me, and very reliable sources that is, tells me you have been working for Dumbledore. Plotting against me? Telling me Severus, have you turned your back at me?”

“I promise my Lord-“ But Snape’s desperate voice was broken off by Voldemort pointing his wand at him. “Don’t lie to me Severus. Cruci-“ Suddenly the doors slammed open and in came no other than Elizabeth. “He was working with me.” She said looking straight at Voldemort. Voldemort took a step back, a little surprised by Elizabeths presence. “Elizabeth, how lovely to see you. I hope you got my present.” Voldmeort spoke evilly, talking about when he had murdered her parents in cold blood. “Yes my Lord. Thank you.” She said and bowed towards him. “I have for a long time wished for their death, unfortunately it always seems like they slip away.” Elizabeth spoke again. Her words so convincing nape almost believed her. Voldemort cleared his throat.

“So you and Severus have been working together against Dumbledore, why was I not informed about this?” Voldemort spoke and yet again Elizabeth came with a perfect lie. “A Lord like you should not be bothered unless the result is positive.”

“A very good answer in dead my dear Elizabeth.” Voldemort nodded agreeing. “But may I ask what information you bring me?” Voldemort asked. “Dumbledore has been planning to set up aurors around the coast line of Scotland. He wants to have control of all incoming and out coming wizards.”

Voldemort nodded. “Typical Dumbledore.” He spat. Neither Elizabeth nor Snape said anything. Waiting for Voldemort’s next move.  “Consider your parents death as reward for your useful information.” Voldemort spoke. “But Severus-“ He began, but Elizabeth continued her play. “Apologize my rudeness my Lord, but I was the one doing all the work.” Voldemort chuckled. “Always the same old Elizabeth. I am sorry I doubted you my dear friend.” Voldemorts voice was so filled with lies that it was impossible to me mistaken off. “You may leave.” He said and Snape got to his feet. Together they walked out of the manor in silence.

She was sitting in Dumbledore’s office. Looking at his Phoenix. The only other person in the circular room were Dumbledore. “Do you remember at the beginning of the year you asked me if I could ever forgive you?” Elizabeth didn’t know where he was going with this, but she nodded anyway.

“Consider yourself forgiven.” Dumbledore spoke with a glint in his eye. Talking about when she saved Severus. She looked up at him in surprise. “I am going to speak with Professor Umbridge and I think I can get you reinstated at the beginning of next week.” A smile appeared on Elizabeth’s lips. “Thank you.”