Confusion

Elizabeth was sitting in the tower, her head buried in her hands. Why on earth was she so stupid? She felt weak, more than ever. Defenseless and humiliated. There was a creaking sound and she looked up to see Dumbledore. Her eyes were red and she had dark circles under them. Her face was pale and skinny. “Come on Elizabeth.” He said with a calm voice and helped her up to her feet. She stumbled a bit and had to support herself on the headmaster. Something she didn’t like to do, since he was so much older than her. But she couldn’t walk and dropped to the floor, breaking her wrist. A small moaning sound escaped her lips as Dumbledore helped her up again. Together they managed to get to the hospital wing.

By the time they were approached by Madame Pomfrey she collapsed into the nurses hands. “Oh my dear Lord.” Poppy mumbled as she helped Elizabeth over to one of the beds. “She will be alright Albus, she only needs a little bit of rest.”

Later that night, Potter was caught teaching other students defensive spells. The group was called  Dumbledore’s Army. Dumbledore was resigned and Umbridge was made headmaster by the Minister himself. After the Minister had left Umbridge spoke with a satisfied smirk. “Now, please escort Ms. Taylor to Azkaban.” The auror nodded and headed down from the headmistress office. Umbridge fallowed behind.

Elizabeth was found sleeping just as heavily as before, a wet cloth on her forehead. She had a high fever. “Absolutely not!” Poppy argued, stepping in front of the auror. “Ms Taylor is in no condition to go anywhere.” She stated. “I am afraid you don’t understand Poppy, Ms Taylor is herald arrested for the resent mudblo- I mean muggle born attacks. There was a very low moan from Elizabeth in attempt to say something, but she passed out before she could get her voice back. “No, she will die Dolores.” Poppy said, not moving an inch. “If you don’t move, you will be arrested as well for conspiracy.” Poppy’s face paled and forcefully she took a step to the side. Looking down at the ground as she heard Elizabeth’s unconscious body was dragged out of the infirmary.

Elizabeth never made it to Azkaban though, because when she woke up she was lying on a familiar green and out worn couch. A familiar face was drying the sweet of her face with the same scowl as ever. “Severus.” She mumbled, looking up at him. Her voice had disappeared and replaced with a weak whisper.

Apparently Snape had managed to ‘kidnapp’ her in front of the aurors noses and escort her to his home. Not wanting her to spend a second in that horrible place. Remembering how scared she had sounded when she had been staying on the couch in his Chambers.

Elizabeth was on the same spot where he had left her. Only now holding her mother’s necklace between her fingers. She waited for him to make himself comfortable before she spoke. “I don’t want to go to prison.” She sounded…scared. Something you didn’t hear very often come out of her mouth. “You are not going to jail.” He said, like what she was saying was just nonsense. “You know I am Severus. And it’s probably for the best, but I-“ She began getting hysterical, continuing to fight the handcuffs. Tear were now rolling down her smooth face as her sobs became louder. “Stop it, stop it. Look at me.” Snape sneered. Capturing her hands again, so she wouldn’t hurt herself. “Look at me.” He mumbled. She had her face turned away from him, but slowly she met his eyes. “You are not going to prison, do you hear me? I am going to make sure of it.”

He was not going to break his promise, not even to her. He couldn’t and stood by what he said those weeks ago, he wouldn’t let her step a foot inside that place. He wouldn’t let her be around those deadly creatures, the black cloaked creatures that fed of your soul. He couldn’t let her, he wouldn’t be able to live with himself.

It didn’t take long before Elizabeth was on her feet. She was staying in Snape’s guest room. Aurors were looking for her everywhere, but with Snape she was safe. They were eating in his kitchen, it wasn’t exactly Hogwarts food, but good enough.

“You do realize that I have to go back to the school?” Snape’s voice hadn’t changed, it was the same bored voice as ever. Elizabeth put down her fork and played with the remaining parts of her food with her knife. She was suddenly not so hungry anymore. “Please don’t burn down my house while I am gone.” Snape said, but Elizabeth didn’t take it as a joke. Instead she put down her knife and excused herself without a word. Walking up the stairs and closing the door to her room. She acted like a child and she knew it.

In the mean time at Hogwarts Umbridge was standing in front of every student. Watching as they had to write with their own blood. A sugary sweet smile plastered on her face as she watched some of the older students glare up at her. She took a deep breath and folded her hands, looking over the crowd, feeling power run through her veins.

It was beginning to get more and more difficult to travel back and forth from Hogwarts. Every fire place was being watched, except the one at Umbridge’s office. If you wanted to get in at Hogwarts you had to travel through the forbidden forest. It was dangerous, oh yes, but Snape was well prepared.

Snape had left Elizabeth alone early the next morning. A note at the kitchen, reminding her that when he got back he wanted everything to be like the way he left it. Elizabeth had tossed it away after ripping it into pieces, she didn’t understand him. What he wanted. It made her frustrated.