The End

Three months later: Azkaban

She was sitting in her small cell, looking out a window. The weather was bad as always. She had her hands rested on her knees, trying to be calm. This was her last night, tomorrow she will be dead. The Dementors kiss. She was weak, but not so much that you would have imagined. The Dementors didn't go that much in on her as the others. It was like she had something to hold on to. It was little, but it was something. She looked down in her lap, where her mother's necklace were. She didn't know how exactly, but she had managed to take it with her. She picked up the charm and examined it. The necklace was so simple, yet so beautiful. Together with the fact that it meant something to her. She would never trade it away. Not for her freedom and not for all the gold I the world, it was the only peace she had left of her mother and she would carry it with her until the end.

The first few tears fell down her cheeks as she held the necklace to her face, she hadn't cried one drop in three months, now she let all her sorrow, regret and fear out. She thought about Severus, how he had been kind to her, regardless of how mean she had been to him. She thought about her mother and father, what their only child had done to them. She fell asleep after a while, wishing it all had been a dream.

Her mother and father had tried to get a child so many times. Her mother's miscarriages didn't weaken them. They told themselves never to give up and they never did. One child died after the other, the longest they had gotten into the pregnancy where ten weeks before they lost it. But one day her mother was pregnant again. Elizabeth's father stayed with her all the time. Holding her hand. A month passed and everything seemed well. Three months went by and it was then her mother knew. She told her husband "She is going to survive, Elizabeth."

And her mother was right. Elizabeth was born and there was nothing else in the world they loved more. They gave their child everything she wanted, including love. They were so proud when she learned to walk, fly a broom, got her first wand and attended Hogwarts. They had always been proud of her and only the best was good enough for their Elizabeth.

They never stopped loving her, not even when she joined the Dark Lord. When she got interested in dark magic and when she tortured and even killed. They told themselves that Elizabeth eventually would come back to them and the only thing they had to do was wait. But she never did and they had suffered death.

Elizabeth woke up by a door being locked up. Was this the final hour? Was she going to die there and then? She couldn't see anything it was too dark. Bright light appeared, like the sun. She couldn't see and had to squeeze her eyes shut. She had been surrounded by darkness for so long that the bright light hurt her eyes. Her heart was panting so fast that she thought she was going to faint. There was some sort of whisper and she thought this was it. Her head began to spin and she blacked out.

Was she dead? She didn't feel dead. It didn't hurt, not at all, but she felt dizzy. Everything was black around her, she felt awake, but immobile. It was like her body were sleeping, but her head was awake. She tried to make a sound, but nothing came out. Her ears didn't work either, because she didn't hear anything.

At the same time. He was looking at her. She was looking in his direction, but her facial expression told him she didn't know who it was. He had to send out his petronus, a doe, to keep the Dementors away. He muttered something under his breath, making her lose consciousness before picking her limp body up in his arms. She looked cold, only wearing a prison shirt. He carried her down the hall, his petronus keeping the Dementors away. He grabbed his broom from inside his robe and flew away. Elizabeth in his arms sleeping. He wasn't afraid she would wake up, the spell would keep her under for at least twelve hours. The journey from Azkaban was long and he felt the hairs on her arm rise. With a sigh he tucked his traveling cloak around her so she wouldn't freeze and hurried out of there. His petronus couldn't keep them away forever and soon Dementors came flying towards them. Trying to suck out their souls. Her fist was clutched together, holding on to something. It was the necklace of her mother. Before it could fall out of her hand he placed it safely into his robe pocket.