Saved by Severus

Yup she shouldn’t think about what they thought. Or their advices. Not one bit. She should just walk away and ignore them, dealing on her own instead. And with a confident step forward she began her way into the dark forest. Longer and longer she went in. Determent to prove a point nobody had said she didn’t manage. It wasn’t before a chilly feeling crept up on her she stopped and looked around. It was dark, to dark, surrounded by high trees and all the sounds from creatures the forest contained. She swallowed loudly and felt shivers run down her spine. There was a sound from behind and she felt something wet and slimy run down her shoulder. Slowly she turned around almost frozen by fear. Her heart was hammering so fast it would have been difficult to keep track. In front of her was a giant spider. An Acrumantula, with its hairy eight legs and poisoning teeth. She swallowed and its black eyes met her. “Out on a nightly walk, I see?” It asked with a scary and creepy voice. “N-no I-I was about to go.” She said backing away, but another one of the same creature blocked her way. Soon she saw a number of other spiders line up in every corner or spot she could see. Every flicker of hope that she would manage to get away was gone. “I- I am a professor at Hogwarts. You shouldn’t eat me.” She said trying to be brave and taking up her wand. But it wasn’t enough to stop every one of them. A small scared sound from panic escaped her lips, the thought of not being able to get out of there alive.

“Oh no, but my sons and daughters has suffered enough. Being banished inside the woods. There is not much food and I cannot deny them the flesh they have been longing for so long.” Elizabeth felt her body shiver and had no longer the calm control over herself, she swallowed hard and one of the spiders began walking towards her. The others took also steps towards her and she knew it was a matter of seconds before the only thing that would be left of her was bones. Maybe not even that, since the jaws of the acrumantula was strong.  In a desperate attempt to keep them away she shrieked out the only spell in her mind. “Avada Kadavra!” There was a flash of green light and a pained scream from the biggest one of them came out before his son fell dead to the ground. Its legs upwards and its body still. Everything happened so fast and with a hurry she began running. It didn’t take long before she heard them behind her. Sending curses everywhere, trying to protect herself she ran for her life.

But her foot tripped over a loose root and she fell straight down to the ground. Landing with a dunk. The spiders were closely behind and the second they were about to attack there was a loud “Aooo” from a distance and they stopped as an invisible barrier had been lined up. There was another “Aooo” And the creatures Elizabeth had thought would be the last thing she saw disappeared out of sight. “Relived she breathed out and stumbled to her feet. But not for long, because something ran towards her. It was tall with claws and its teeth was sharp and yellow. It was patchily human and patchily wolf. A scream of horror escaped Elizabeth’s mouth as she panicked. It closed the distance between them in only three seconds. Right before it was about to attack her throat, only centimeters away a curse hit it with such force it flew three meters to the side. It didn’t take long before it got to its feet again and ran the other direction. Elizabeth was on the ground shaking wildly, her eyes dull as she could be fainting any second. She felt someone grab her arm and shake her angrily.”What the hell where you thinking you bloody idiot!” The familiar sneering sound made her come back to reality. In front of her was an angry looking Snape. Such a big scowl plastered on his face, that she would have bet she had never seen any bigger. “Well!?” He yelled again shaking her. He didn’t give her the chance to react before he dragged her up from the dirty ground with one hand, not being to gentle. “Look what you have done! I leave my eyes of you one second and you almost get yourself killed you bloody idiot!” He yelled again, not letting go of her arm as he dragged her along. His iron grip would probably cause a bruise during the night, but she was to shaken up to say anything. “Have you any idea of how much trouble you have caused? Ever since that fool of a game keeper saw you walk inside the forest the whole teacher stab have been looking for you for hours!” He growled again, not letting her drag herself lose from his grip. It wasn’t before they were safely hundred meters away from the beginning of the forest he let his arm fall to his side. Elizabeth rubbed her arm carefully as she tried to get the feeling back in it. Snape lifted a finger and spoke with a threatening voice. “Have I made myself clear?” It sounded like he was so angry you would just want to hide and never come out if the anger was directed at you. Yet he managed to hold it under control. “Yes.” She hissed and was about to step by him. But a hand in front of her made her stop. Snape didn’t look pleased and grabbed her arm again, only this time not so hard. “I am not letting you out of my sight.” He said coldly as they approached the castle. “So you are going to fallow my every step? Supervise me all the time? Who do you think you are!?” Elizabeth had begun shouting and her voice was ringing a little too loudly in the empty hallway. She felt a slap over her cheek and looked up to see Severus glaring. It didn’t exactly hurt, it was more like you felt ashamed for some reason and kept the rest of your words for yourself. “Sorry.” She mumbled for herself as they continued up the floors.